Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

High Frame Rate = Super Slow Mo Kill Shot on MMR Doe!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

High Frame Rate = Super Slow Mo Kill Shot on MMR Doe!

I recorded my "Doe Down in Sight" shot at a frame rate of 120 fps at 4k, and was pleased with the way it turned out. When Casey and I hunted the MMR last week, I decided to test out the 240fps at 1080 to see how it compared.

I am amazed! You can see each of the vanes as the arrow spins towards the deer. I'd love to hear your feedback. 120@4k or 240@1080?

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3XRCce0f2ec"]Bowhunting Texas Whitetail - SUPER SLOW Motion Spinning Arrow - SELF FILMED! - YouTube[/ame]

I'd appreciate any engagement on the YT channel, as well, as that's what drives the algorithm to recommend the videos to non TBH members on the platform. Comment. Subscribe. Like. Thanks!

For those with short attention span...here's just "The Money Shot!"

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vsz6tA8_G7Q"]doe shot - YouTube[/ame]

OH, this is best viewed full screen monitor at 1080p.
    Last edited by Michael; 11-02-2020, 09:06 AM.
    My Flickr Photos

Lots of spin on that arrow.

Comment

I like the 240 @ 1080. I watched it no less than 10 times.

And thanks the ADD edition. You know your audience...

Comment

What camera is this!?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by hunterburch42 View Post
          What camera is this!?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          Sony A7S III
          My Flickr Photos

Comment

Yep - those vanes spinning are cool! Really great example of how quick they can drop that shoulder as well.

Comment

Originally posted by PassnItOn View Post
              Yep - those vanes spinning are cool! Really great example of how quick they can drop that shoulder as well.
              Those does are definitely wired tight!
              My Flickr Photos

Comment

Hold your mouse to the aim spot just before shot
                Your doe ducked bigtime and you still bagged her w good hit.

Cool video thx for sharing its videos like this that can help explain some shots that I swear I made a perfect shot only to hit high.. we cant see what really happens without slow replay like this.

Comment

Very well done. The more I watch of these high quality shot videos (archery) the better understanding I have of the whole shot sequence. Every deer reacts differently but those alert does have a next level ninja mode sometimes.

Comment

Great shot....and good to see in slow mo how far she ducks, even with her head up.

Comment

Nice video production there. Looks professional.

Comment

Great video, Michael! Really like the high definition. Congratulations!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Michael, I use 240/720p on the camera I mount to the scope of my air guns... It captures the shot sequence and the pellet flight real well, and those pellets are traveling at about 950 fps... impacts on sparrows can be devastating (.25 cal. 25 gr. pellet)...
                          I shot a doe last weekend and she did almost exactly the same thing yours did... and I got almost an identical hit... I used 4K/120 for it and was pretty impressed. With editing software I slowed it down to 1/3 of that and it came out pretty awesome. I think Santa is going to bring me one of those new DJI cameras too!!

Comment

Incredible clarity. Congrats on a great shot too.

240@1080 !!!

Comment

Originally posted by kingranch View Post
                              Hold your mouse to the aim spot just before shot
                              Your doe ducked bigtime and you still bagged her w good hit.

Cool video thx for sharing its videos like this that can help explain some shots that I swear I made a perfect shot only to hit high.. we cant see what really happens without slow replay like this.
                              Originally posted by quarterback View Post
                              Very well done. The more I watch of these high quality shot videos (archery) the better understanding I have of the whole shot sequence. Every deer reacts differently but those alert does have a next level ninja mode sometimes.
                              Originally posted by Dugie View Post
                              Great shot....and good to see in slow mo how far she ducks, even with her head up.
                              Thanks for that great feedback!
                              My Flickr Photos

Comment

Working...
                              X