TexasBowhunter.com Community  Discussion Forums

TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums (https://discussions.texasbowhunter.com/forums/index.php)
-   Around the Campfire (https://discussions.texasbowhunter.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Hunting photo album/log (https://discussions.texasbowhunter.com/forums/showthread.php?t=802221)

3whunt 02-28-2021 10:03 AM

Hunting photo album/log

Anybody know of a decent photo album where I can store pics and time dates easily? Itís for my 13 year old. Heís up to 25 deer and unknown number of hogs. I need to get this done soon as I wonít be able to remember the year/season of kill much longer.

Just something basic is fine.

gander 03-01-2021 07:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 3whunt (Post 15497775)
Anybody know of a decent photo album where I can store pics and time dates easily? Itís for my 13 year old. Heís up to 25 deer and unknown number of hogs. I need to get this done soon as I wonít be able to remember the year/season of kill much longer.

Just something basic is fine.

I started keeping a photo album with all my hunting and fishing pictures trips/experiences I have had. I just bought a photo album off of Amazon and after every hunting season and summer, I do a photo dump to CVS or Walgreens and get them all printed. Just use a sharpie and write details on the back of the photo or buy the album that has spaces at the bottom of each "photo slip" to write down details. I leave the album on our entertainment center and constantly find myself picking it up to go thru it and relive memories.

Casey 03-01-2021 08:38 AM

Don't rely on online or even local (hard drive) storage for such a thing. Print them and put them in an "old-fashioned" photo album. Add to it as you go.

Nothing has stood the test of time for such things like ink on paper.

SRK14 03-01-2021 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Casey (Post 15499123)
Don't rely on online or even local (hard drive) storage for such a thing. Print them an put them in an "old-fashioned" photo album. Add to it as you go.

Solid advice here, I would add that I would also put the photo album somewhere safe in case of a fire. Like a fire proof gun safe

droebuck 03-01-2021 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Casey (Post 15499123)
Don't rely on online or even local (hard drive) storage for such a thing. Print them an put them in an "old-fashioned" photo album. Add to it as you go.

This is what I do, have them going back to when I was 3 and went with my dad to the stand the first time.

JDH875 03-01-2021 10:50 PM

I use Shutterfly. They store your photos, it’s easy to print them and or make photo books.

myway 03-02-2021 07:02 AM

My ranch owner and his 9 year old son spent last March and half of April at the ranch when everything shut down. They called it the COVID safari and he had a book put together of all his photos through Walgreens that turned out phenomenal. Hard back with ranch logo as the cover and very well done. You can add as many pages as you like with multiple photos per page. I will be doing these in the future.