Anyone else like ALDI grocery stores?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone else like ALDI grocery stores?

You can save some money and still get great products and produce. There’s not one close by so I have to drive quite a ways to the one nearest. I wait until the grocery list gets long before making the drive.

HEB is also still well liked.

I love em.
    Probably close to 10yrs I been going there, no complaints.

Comment

I see them, but never been in 1. What's different?

Comment

Was not impressed with the one in Brownwood.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
          I see them, but never been in 1. What's different?
          You bag your own groceries and you bring your own bags to put the groceries in. Great prices and good quality food. You put a quarter deposit for a shopping cart too. There aren't any shopping carts in the parking lot. They also have a small section of non grocery items. They change them out often. Picked up some lawn chairs for a good price and seems like good quality products.

Comment

I'll be ****ed.

How's their steak quality?

Comment

Really like the produce, Keto bread, and pretty good luck with the meats.

Comment

They carry a limited variety of products so that they can purchase extremely heavy into the products they do have and get the cost below the other big names while keeping a small store footprint.
                They do have a little "Mashalls" section where they purchase a bunch of close out and discontinued items and sell for cheap. The few things I have purchased from that section I learned were discontinued for a reason.
                Its an interesting business model.....but not my cup of tea.

Comment

Not impressed personally. Very limited. We gave it a 6 month trial when it opened up near us. May be different now, it's been a few years. Don't get me wrong, you won't go hungry shopping there

Comment

I like shopping at Aldi’s. Very small store which means in and out quick. Meat selection is pretty on pork products is really good, we bulk buy beef 1 time a year so I don’t really know what they carry. Pretty good cheese selection and with it being a German owned company they have a great selection of fresh bratwurst. They also try to buy as much fresh local produce as possible.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                      I'll be ****ed.

How's their steak quality?
                      I’m a big fan, their steaks are choice and I’ve never had a bad one. Buy the basic essentials and you will save a bunch. Their house brands are as good as the popular brands, no difference in quality. I like that we can go in, buy what we need without walking 5 miles, pay, bag it and be out in no time. For specialty items, we go to HEB.

Comment

Meh. Not impressed with the deer park location. We didn't buy anything and ended up back at heb like usual.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Comment

I can’t stand them.
                          The produce is either way under, or way over ripe. And, I can’t stand how limited the brand selections are
                          I will go out of my way to shop somewhere else.

I know some people love them, though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Hard pass on Aldi

Comment

Never been but my parents shop the one in Bryan. They love it.

Comment

Working...
                              X