No announcement yet.

Mesquite Country Sausage Recipes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cure numbers are old hat. Just by standard modern cure. Use it at .20% not 20% or even easier. Add in 3 ounces per 100 pounds meat. More than enough.

Comment

a lot of good info

Comment

awesome, thanks for sharing. i love me some good sausage and salami.

Comment

Another bump, just 'cause.
          Thanks a lot, we've got 2 in the freezer and really want to try some summer sausage!

Comment

i drive by that meat market everytime i go huntin, my place is just outside of town off 1680...good lookin recipes gonna give one a try soon

Comment

Travis-
              any preference on fresh versus dried jalapeno's? Where can you get dried Jalapeno's?

Thanks for taking the time to put all these together.

Comment

Dried generally has a more consistent heat. That being said, I still like the fresh pepper taste.

Google dehydrated jalapeño flakes

Comment

Originally posted by mesquitecountry View Post
                  Dried generally has a more consistent heat. That being said, I still like the fresh pepper taste.

Google dehydrated jalapeño flakes
                  What about pickled jap slices?

Comment

I would only use if you had too.

Comment

I'm having trouble opening the recipes. Is there a trick to opening? Just got a new grinder and would love to try some of these. Thanks

Comment

I can't open it here at work but when I get home I'll try to open it up.

Comment

Thanks for putting all this info together. I am asking Santa for a new Cabelas grinder and can't wait to try your recipe's.

Comment

Thanks for the recipes. I will try them when I can, but I do have a couple of ?'s if you don't mind.
                            1. Can I take pan and link sausage that is all ready made and frozen, and re-grind it using this recipe? The sausage I made this summer using store bought "flavoring", is just really bland.
                            2. With the recipes, do you just grind the meats into a large bowl and add the spices, and mix them up and then stuff?
                            thanks again.

Comment

mesquite country I can't open the recipes would u please send it to me at brightcharles@sbcglobal.net.....Thanks a million

Comment

I'm away from my home at the moment. I'll see if I can get a mod to help me reload them next week.

Comment

Working...
                                X