2023 Coon Carnage Count Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Happy New Year! 2022 sucked for us due to drought but let's not let a poor deer season stop us from thumping some coon heads.. [emoji41] We had 1081 in 2023 ... Nice to see us break the 4 digit count again. Lets do it again!

Aight folks ...we had 2017 w/ 1781 coons, 2018 w/ 860, 2019 w/ 791, 2020 w/ 1369, 2021 w/ 807 and 2022 w/ 1081 coons meeting their demise. That’s 6,689 confirmed food bills collected!.....

Bring on a bountiful 2023 for helping save those turkey and quail eggs as well as those feeder timers and solar panels..

Most of us already have our traps but in case some folks don't, I'm going to repost the pics I did last year in case somebody wants to jump into the fun. If you don't have any coon cuffs/dogproof traps, here is your motivation to go get a set or two or 10... Gun kills qualify too. Hell let's add TBHer vehicle kills as well because a dead coon is a dead coon....but don't do anything stupid trying to get one with your BF Goodrich.

When you get one or some, post your number and add it to the current running total.

Also if you don't mind, list how you got them... ie, trap type, bait used, or weapon if hunting them ....or of course vehicle kill. Listing will hopefully help some folks get and idea if they are new to it and want to start up.

We'll get after them hot and heavy this March and April and on any of our trips out west on lease work trips this summer using Duke dogproofs corn, protein and/or marshmallows....

Good luck!

And to start us off.....3 coons killed with protein and Dukes...

I got some 1/16” wire snares to try for bobcats that’ve been eating our chickens and rabbits. Set out three snares and got 2 opossum and 1 coon the first night! Whoop. Did something right. Caught a bobcat in the live trap at the same time so it was a win all around.

That makes the total 4 for 2023 so far. Slow start fellas…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Nice stack up them bandits

Comment

3 removed last weekend of season
        Duke Dog Proof
        Marshmallow/Vanilla and Corn

2023 Running Total - 7

Sent from my motorola edge 5G UW (2021) using Tapatalk

Comment

Just 1 for me so far. Walked out on the camp porch to pee at 4 am and there he was. Bad move mr coon. I’ll get after em hot and heavy in March.

This should be #8

Comment

1 more got caught with his hand in the cookie jar. Biggest coon have ever caught. Marshmallows with dab of bacon grease on a creek trail.

9 total

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

1 today in Bridger DP with dry dog food. Total 10.

Comment

5 so far in Montgomery this year. 15

Comment

I hardly see tracks around.
                  Still have them knocked back, apparently.
                  Killed 29 last year.
                  Last edited by Brute Killer; 02-09-2023, 06:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Brute Killer View Post
                    I hardly see tracks around.
                    Still have them knocked back, apparently.
                    Killed 29 last year.
                    makes you wonder where they all come from. I have a trail that they've made
                    to my feeder. Gotta get my traps back out and start adding to this list. So frustrating ... obviously they're climbing the poles to the spinner and spinning the corn out with their little mongrel hands.

Comment

I saw one dead in the road on 610-S right at Woodway on Wednesday morning. Center lane, too. So add that one to the list.

Comment

Start of the year for me, add 2 more from last night.

Corn and Duke's!

Total now is 18 for the list.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Add two more to the list for a total of 20. Dukes dog proof with marshmallow and prunes. I'll check them in the morning to hopefully add to the total.

Comment

For the record… we decided the first year that roadkill sightings didn’t count… unless you were driving the vehicle that thumped Ricky and made him a speed bump ..[emoji41]. We have kept it to our own kills (wherever or however that may be) or fellow lease members kill on your property or lease.

Puts us at 19….
                            Last edited by Smart; 02-11-2023, 10:15 PM.

Comment

Caught an opossum yesterday in the dukes coon trap. Does that count. Ha

Comment

Working...
                              X