What Happened to Rio Shotgun Shells?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Been shooting and liking Rio 20 gauge 1 oz and 12 gauge 1 1/8 oz shells for several years but haven’t seen any around in the last two years. Anybody know why they disappeared?
    Attached Files

They are around. Johnny's sport shop in eagle lake has been getting them.

Comment

You can order them off Rogers sporting goods online

Comment

They shut down there factory in East Texas so they all have to be imported again.

Comment

Originally posted by Kolpin10 View Post
          They shut down there factory in East Texas so they all have to be imported again.
          That stinks.

Comment

Nobel Sport Italia bought out Rio, to my understanding. It seems they will produce Rio there going forward unless they reopen the Texas factory.

Comment

Originally posted by Kolpin10 View Post

That's a **** shame and explains why Academy no longer carries them. The 10z 7.5s were my goto. They are higher than a cat *** now!....

Have 3 cases left of the 1 oz 7.5s and I shot all Remington Shurshots this year for my dove hunts to save them....why I don't know but I did. I guess the 1 oz Shurshots will be my 20 gauge go to now.

Comment

Johnny’s in Eagle Lake, Texas. Baileys house of guns in Houston has them. Steel and Lead.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                  That's a **** shame and explains why Academy no longer carries them. The 10z 7.5s were my goto. They are higher than a cat *** now!....

Have 3 cases left of the 1 oz 7.5s and I shot all Remington Shurshots this year for my dove hunts to save them....why I don't know but I did. I guess the 1 oz Shurshots will be my 20 gauge go to now.
                  I shot Shurshots for years until we started having the plastic separate from the brass when you shot. Switched to Rio’s and been shooting them ever since. On my last box now so Shurshots it is I guess.

Comment

I bought a case of Rio 20's this year and opening day when I pulled them out they were low brass. Never seen low brass rios.

Sent from my SM-F721U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Old Bald Guy View Post
                      I shot Shurshots for years until we started having the plastic separate from the brass when you shot. Switched to Rio’s and been shooting them ever since. On my last box now so Shurshots it is I guess.

I shot them as well before Rios but Rios were a cheaper 1oz 20ga load alternative from Academy and I liked how they performed for $1-$1.50/ less a box. Never had your issues with the Shurshots and hope they got them fixed …. They did well the past three weeks

Comment

Speaking of Rio shells, if anybody has any 12ga hulls, I might be interested in them. 2-3/4 through 3.5". These will be for reloading. Prefer the blue hulls

. But will settle with what ya got.

Comment

Being in Burleson you should check with Alpine, just had a sporting clays thing there an quite a few ppl were shooting blue hull rios

Comment

Originally posted by talleywack97 View Post
                            Being in Burleson you should check with Alpine, just had a sporting clays thing there an quite a few ppl were shooting blue hull rios

Thanks sir! I may just run out there tomorrow and check.

Comment

I've never bought from this place before but got an email from them today and they have Rio's on sale. Remembered this thread and just passing along.

Comment

Working...
                              X