No announcement yet.

Semi-Live African Safari

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That makes me want to line up a bunch of Delta execs and....

Team Little Debbie Pro Staff

Comment

Made it to the lodge. 45 hours since we slept, anything more than a catnap. We got a quick bite to eat and a cold beer and then to the shower and bed.

Comment

Originally posted by Gumbo Man View Post
        You’ve gotta be joking. When are the guns supposed to arrive?
        Allegedly tomorrow....we are 4 hours from the airport and it will cost us a day of hunting to go pick them up. Trying to figure out the best course of action.

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
          That makes me want to line up a bunch of Delta execs and....

Team Little Debbie Pro Staff

Yes sir...there were a lot of us feeling less than happy.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon B View Post
            Allegedly tomorrow....we are 4 hours from the airport and it will cost us a day of hunting to go pick them up. Trying to figure out the best course of action.
            Dang it

Sure hope it gets sorted out, will your ph let you use his gun in the meantime?

Comment

Originally posted by kd350 View Post
              Dang it

Sure hope it gets sorted out, will your ph let you use his gun in the meantime?
              Kinda what I was thinking. Surely, there is something that can be done, until your guns get to you. What a cluster **** by the airline

Comment

Originally posted by HeyMikey View Post
                Kinda what I was thinking. Surely, there is something that can be done, until your guns get to you. What a cluster **** by the airline
                Yes gentlemen, I am able to use the PH's firearms. Just a tad frustrated that I spent $200 for the import fee, $220 for a good case, $200 for ammunition and a half a day trip to Austin to get them checked in by Border patrol and still having to rent firearms at $350 for the week.

Shot his rifle today. It is a good rifle but it isn't MY rifle. I guess that is life.

In the mean time.....we slept from 2 am to 10 am. Had a wonderful brunch of omelets, bacon and Kudu sausage. Saw a few critters while driving to the rifle range. Couldn't get pics of most of them.

Sent from my motorola one 5G ace using Tapatalk

Comment

Good luck Jon …happy anniversary…can’t wait to see the pictures. What brand/model gun case is that?

Comment

Looking forward to some LDPs.

Comment

Looking forward to hear how your first full day of hunting went, since it's probably approaching the magic hour over there right about now.

Comment

Hate to see your rifles are delayed, but envy the heck out of yall! Good luck!

Comment

So it was not on our list....but we came across a very old and long Kudu. After a bit of back and forth, we decided he wanted to ride in the back of the truck.

Comment

Dinner tonight for those foodies....

Impala Stew, butternut squash with some kind of sweet sauce, chicken fried Nyala strips with Mrs. Ball's original chutney, cole slaw, rice and homemade rolls...

Finished it up with a gin and tonic, a good cigar and cheesecake around the fire.

Did I mention, an open bar!

Comment

Originally posted by axisbuck View Post
                              Good luck Jon …happy anniversary…can’t wait to see the pictures. What brand/model gun case is that?
                              It is a Pelican, I believe the 5100 series.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon B View Post
                                So it was not on our list....but we came across a very old and long Kudu. After a bit of back and forth, we decided he wanted to ride in the back of the truck.

Beautiful Kudu…y’all are doing it right!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X