Hauling hog panels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hauling hog panels

Would a 12’ trailer handle 20x16’ panels?
    Or do I need a 16’ trailer? Traveling 150 miles.
    Attached Files

I would think so. Depends on how many you’re hauling. They may bend at the end some and be close to the ground. I’d run a strap at the very end tying them all together to prevent that. Add a few more straps over the front and middle. Stick a flag on the back and go.
    Last edited by AntlerCollector; 07-23-2022, 08:06 AM.

Comment

12’ no problem, I haul mine 40 miles in a 10’ trailer every time I do it

Comment

This is what I do…..
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
          I would think so. Depends on how many you’re hauling. They may bend at the end some and be close to the ground. I’d run a strap at the very end tying them all together to prevent that. Add a few more straps over the front and middle. Stick a flag on the back and go.

Comment

Why not lay 2 or 3, 16 ft. 2x4`s in the bottom of trailer and put panels on top of them. It would support the overhang.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigcoyote View Post

No problem. Tie them together for support or like mentioned above put boards under them. You really don’t need boards though

Comment

So much fun lol

Comment

12ft trailer
                  Attached Files

Comment

I was able to use my 12ft trailer to take about that many panels to Houston county.

I just put over the front a little bit and rolled 4 wheeler up on top of them.

You should be fine.

J

Comment

I wish I had had a Roman centurion manikin to stand up in the middle of this hog panel chariot I hauled from Ft. Worth to Marble Falls a few years ago.

Comment

You can bend them into a "U" formation in the back of a full-sized pickup. They're high tensile, so will straighten when removed. This technique works for at least 9 or 10 of the 16' (34" height) panels... not sure it'll work for 20.

Comment

With the picture you presented. Place the panels tight to the front and overhang the back. Then take a 2" strap and ratchet it down at the back of trailer to lower the panels down towards the floor. Should work. I would also run some thing through all of them to keep them grounded and they all don't go flying. such as a strap to the front of traler.

Comment

Working...
                          X