Ruger-5.7 Pistol..Anyone have one

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ruger-5.7 Pistol..Anyone have one

I'm looking to buy the Ruger 5.7x28mm pistol. I've got a buddy that has an older FN and he loves it. Looks like a cool little gun. Anyone have any experience with it? Or maybe have one that want to sell on the cheap!! TIA

I got one and they are fun. Surprisingly light for the size and minimal recoil, just wish the threaded barrels for them weren’t so expensive.

Comment

I heard they have cycling issues

Comment

Had 2 of them at one time. Sold both because I got tired of trying to find ammo for it. Been building my stash of ammo back up since I found a new source. I will get another one soon.

Comment

I’ve had one since they first came out. Been awesome. Got about 400 trouble free rnds through mine. No issues

Comment

I've found a guy that has 1000+/- rounds of ammo for sale. I also just came across Palmetto State Armory's 5.7 for less than $600. All good reviews on it.

Comment

Wonder why this never turned into a plastic tipped VMAX varmint round? Similar to a 17 hornet i guess? IDK seems to me like it could have been a thing for coyotes etc.

Comment

I rented one at the range a couple of years ago and was going to buy one then the "ammo shortage" hit and 5.7ammo was hard to find....may still be.

It is a very easy gun to shoot but is LOUD and the muzzle blast that will light up an indoor range.

Comment

Originally posted by dclifton View Post
                  Wonder why this never turned into a plastic tipped VMAX varmint round? Similar to a 17 hornet i guess? IDK seems to me like it could have been a thing for coyotes etc.
                  It is. I have several boxes of fn brand 5.7 Hornady vmax

Comment

I hear this pistola round is supposed to reach out there.

Comment

Originally posted by Txarrowhunter View Post
                      It is. I have several boxes of fn brand 5.7 Hornady vmax
                      Sorry i guess my point was wonder why it never turned into a mini bolt gun round. Would be great in a mini 7 or a ruger american or something.

Comment

I'm going to get it. Thanks for the insight and help men.

Comment

Working...
                        X