Fortunate for good neighbors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fortunate for good neighbors

I love all of my neighbors because they are good people. They always help each other out and watch out for each other. I watch my neighbors' cattle and land as if it were my own. If a fence is down, I fix it. Cow having calving trouble, I let them know and help if I can. They treat us the same way.

One of my neighbors has under his control 25,000 acres, most of which he farms. He also has a sizable cattle herd. A couple of years ago he asked me if I wanted the remains of his corn harvest - an amount too small to sell in a lot size. I filled 4 barrels then.

This week I stopped to visit and to encourage him in today's ag markets. In the course of conversation he asked if I wanted leftover corn that he was selling to the Co-op for their feed. I said, sure, if you have some.

Yeah, he had some. We filled 10 barrels and doing the math figured out it was about 6000 pounds of corn. He makes it so easy to collect. Pistol was with me and she took several pictures that I'll let her post but here is one.

Yes, it is straight from the field, uncleaned. Lots of dust, cobb pieces and a few stalk chunks. We will probably clean some of it but a lot will go to the hog trap to try to bring the destructive critters in.

I am so fortunate and at the risk of overusing the word, Blessed. God's grace has led me here and we give him the honor and glory for our friends, neighbors. I am so humbled to know these people and call them friends.

It always a good thing to have great neighbors.

Comment

Originally posted by tazhunter0 View Post
      It always a good thing to have great neighbors.
      I try to BE the great neighbor.

Comment

I love posts like this,one of the reasons i'm drawn to TBH
        Sounds like all of y'all are good neighbors

Comment

Definitely a blessing to have good neighbors,sounds like y'all are both blessed and smart enough to know it , good things come to those who help others,Amen for that , thank you Lord

Comment

Heck yeah, gotta love that hook up.

Comment

As grateful as you are, I'm sure you neighbor feels the same! Great post.

Comment

My math was way off. 10 barrels at 350 pounds per barrel = 3500 pounds = $700.

Regardless, I think I need to upgrade to a small grain storage bin ...

Comment

I just filled feeders-corn and protein
                  Bless your neighbor

Comment

Originally posted by Dusty Britches View Post
                    I try to BE the great neighbor.
                    This!

Comment

Very Nice.
                      Corn Prices hit a high today not seen since 2012 at over $8 a bushel.

Comment

I help my neighbors probably way more than most people and it pay dividends in ways that I appreciate. Boy I could use some corn though.

Comment

So..... This is how you became Dusty Britches

Comment

I try to always be a good neighbor....and during the great 2021 freeze, I ran out of beer and my neighbor gave me a few cold ones. And now, I'd actually jump in front of a bullet for him. I owe him forever.

Comment

Good people are out there, don’t let the Outside try to convince you otherwise.

Comment

Working...
                              X