• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So does Rusk County have any acorns?

Comment

Originally posted by Tree Phantom View Post
      So does Rusk County have any acorns?
      Yes it appears so. Plus it appears that money DOES grow on trees and that one leaf has a bullet hole through it. I’m a big CSI fan.

Comment

Big post oak I saw the other day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by ElfEyes View Post
          Do y'all think he will get to 130"? My goal is an east Texas 130 and I just can't get him to 130.[ATTACH]1098148[/ATTACH][ATTACH]1098149[/ATTACH]

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk
          This deer went 130 on the dot 2 years ago. Looks fairly similar to yours. Nice buck regardless of score. Also, velvet photo was in July so he grew a bit more length.

Edit: decided to add the dead photo so you can get a better look. The others looks like crap.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Last edited by BW96; 08-11-2022, 07:56 PM.

Comment

Shooter!!

Comment

Looks like you just may have a target. Looking forward to better pics of him.

Comment

Bw96 I appreciate your optimism and I hope you're right. Last season he had a ninth point that would've definitely helped him get there. Either way he's the top target so far but I'm still waiting on another mature buck to come home and see how he faired. I like that kicker Tony hope you get him if that's your target. Tell your buddy it's your turn this year. I have a 11 point with a split g2 but he won't make AR and I can't really place which buck he is so he might be young.

Comment

East Texas hunting 2022-‘23 season

Originally posted by ElfEyes View Post
                  Bw96 I appreciate your optimism and I hope you're right. Last season he had a ninth point that would've definitely helped him get there. Either way he's the top target so far but I'm still waiting on another mature buck to come home and see how he faired. I like that kicker Tony hope you get him if that's your target. Tell your buddy it's your turn this year. I have a 11 point with a split g2 but he won't make AR and I can't really place which buck he is so he might be young.

Man that’s right, luckily he isn’t on this new place with me. We still don’t have a buck on camera at that place we killed the 160. I’m pretty excited though about Newton, have a couple real big ones that may end up at my stand once they clean up. Your buck is nice you have been posting. Hope you can get him. He will be close.

Last edited by Tshelly; 08-13-2022, 06:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Gumbo Man View Post
                    Looks like you just may have a target. Looking forward to better pics of him.

He is not bad. Probably #3 or 4 on this new place. Kind of young, not real sure I’ll shoot him. I was just trying to stir the thread up with some new pics [emoji41]

Comment

Started feeding protein in December of 2021. They are really hitting it hard. Hopefully my neighbors will see fit to let these youngsters grow up, but I have no control over them. Going to leave the protein going and hopefully the constant food source will keep them close to my place.
                      Attached Files

Comment

I finally found a post oak loaded. This scattered trees with acorns will be hot spots.

Comment

Gents - I am requesting help on trying to guess the bucks score on the right. He is a wide 8 and the best I have on Camera so far but he doesn’t have great mass.

He came out with hand corn on ground with vanilla and right after night. Can’t put up a feeder pen at this creek bottom and cows and hogs hit the corn too. Will be a tough hunt to get him and everything would need to go correct.

Comment

Big Brows is looking good. He will be 6.5 this season. He didn't put on as much as I thought he would between early July and now. I don't think he'll score much but I'm in love with those brows so he's #1 on the list this season.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20220817-183236_Gallery.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	116.7 KB
ID:	24689069

Name:	Screenshot_20220817-183221_Gallery.jpg
Size:	114.3 KB
ID:	24689070

Name:	Screenshot_20220817-183136_Gallery.jpg
Size:	123.5 KB
ID:	24689071

Name:	Screenshot_20220817-183050_Gallery.jpg
Size:	117.8 KB
ID:	24689072

Comment

Big Brows is a super interesting and nice buck - good luck on getting him!

Comment

Originally posted by jershua View Post

Gents - I am requesting help on trying to guess the bucks score on the right. He is a wide 8 and the best I have on Camera so far but he doesn’t have great mass.

He came out with hand corn on ground with vanilla and right after night. Can’t put up a feeder pen at this creek bottom and cows and hogs hit the corn too. Will be a tough hunt to get him and everything would need to go correct.

125/130. Nice frame, weaker brows and mass hurt overall score. Still a real nice deer

Comment

Working...
                                X