TYHP Three Bars Ranch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TYHP Three Bars Ranch

My son had gotten drawn for TYHP Three Bars in Nocona. This was our first TYHP hunt and that program is awesome. We scrambled to get my son's hunter education field day done. We had the online portion completed and the HE instructor cancelled the day before the class.. so, I called in a favor to a retired GW friend of mine and got the class done. We packed up and headed west. We arrived at Three Bars and was met by the attending staff and felt immediately welcomed. Hunt was for does and pigs. We took off for the stand Saturday morning and had deer in front of us by 0715. My son had been shooting a 223 and had very little experience on my 243. He was able to make the TYHP group size for qualification, but he is recoil shy.

Flash forward to 0730 and a big nanny doe made her walk and chose her fate. My boy put the 100g PowerPoint in the 10 ring and off she took. She bolted for about 50 yards and crashed.

After, he said he never felt the shot or heard it.. says he wants to shoot it from now on.

That evening, we had pigs, but got winded pretty quick. Overall, 3 out of 4 hunters got deer.. 2 of which was their first deer, ever. Absolutely fantastic weekend and cant wait to get back.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Congratulations to your boy

TYHP is an awesome program

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I used to lease the 3 Bars Ranch.We Killt some really nice deer up there.Biggest was 186 w 22 pts.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by crowmagnum; 01-18-2022, 03:00 AM.

Comment

Awesome congrats to him

TxDad Outdoors-YouTube

Comment

Originally posted by crowmagnum View Post
          I used to lease the 3 Bars Ranch.We Killt some really nice deer up there.Biggest was 186 w 22 pts.
          We seen some real nice ones. Absolutely stunning ranch. Best manicured ranch I've ever been on.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Congrats on the harvest, the ranch is a show place, we boarder it on the northeast, not a bad property to be neighbors with!

Comment

Congrats to your son! TYHP is a Great program. I've taken my son's on a couple of their hunts and what you said is testimony for all the hunts they put on. I can't wait to take my granddaughter in a couple of years when she is comfortable shooting a rifle.

Comment

That’s good stuff right there! Congrats to your boy and to you too dad!

Comment

Good stuff. Congrats to your boy.

Comment

Congrats to your son. The TYHP is incredible! I highly suggest anyone with kids try to take them on a least one on their hunts.

Comment

Awesome, congrats to your son! Driven by there lots of times and figured that area had some good ones.

Comment

Well done!

Comment

Congrats to your son. Great job dad.

Comment

Congrats. TYHP is top notch all the way around!!

Comment

way to go!

Comment

Working...
                              X