aoudad hunt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

aoudad hunt

Just dropping a thread in case others are considering a trad bow aoudad hunt. Very tough task but I usually gravitate to that sort of thing. Family and and I just returned from 5 day camping- hunting trip to Terlingua area after booking with a online outfitter. Logistics were huge with camp for 4 and all the gear. That part worked out well and we used wall tent and stove from cylinder stove company out of utah. same company that i used 16x20 wall tent when i was in rockies for a decade. I used my cattle trailer to haul gear and Polaris that outfitter thought would be useful but that we did not use at all.

Gorgeous Country and awesome time with the family, goats were hard to come by. We were placed at 3 different mountains to post up and look for goats. Typically post up after sneaking in and splitting up in groups of 2. After a few hours my oldest and I would ease up top and try to fid them from above. We did not see goats until the am of the last day. My youngest spotted them first and we were able to close to 70 and 108 yards as they moved around the mountain. The actual goat interaction was a thrill and I will do it again. I felt pretty comfortable practicing at 50-60 yards but need to get closer.

The guides were nice and helpful, I think they run alot of rifle hunters thru their other properties and they do kill goats with rifles and seemed to have parties stacked when we were there. We were never given other options and maybe 1/5 seeing goats is ok but you need more reps to get it done with a bow. Communication with the outfitter himself was avoided on his end with calls forwarded to his guide. Overall a fun adventure with beautiful vistas but need more goat interaction. I did not include the outfitter as I do not want to be critical personally just an overview of our hunt and the area.
    Attached Files

congrats on your hunt, been preparing for a free range dad hunt for the last year, got permission to hunt some land in the davis mountains.

Comment

Man that looks fun. Mind telling the name of the outfitter?

Comment

it was an adventure, getting to hunt pvt land for diy will help find unpressured goats. I am hooked in general. andrew pm me and i will do so. Definitely worth it and a challenge but for sure doable. sorry for late replies been in er all week

Comment

Looks like a fun time!!!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Looks like a fun place to spot and stalk. Move verr-rr-ry slo-oo-wlyyy.

Comment

Beautiful country, glad you and your family got to spend time together hunting in it.

Comment

Awesome! Want more pics. Bow and arrow specs??

Comment

vyperkahn 62 at 27, easton trad arrows 530 gns total weight iron will 175 solids, practice out to 50-60 yards for several months. my usual set up for this year.

Comment

Working...
                  X