Sleeping with fan or white noise vs Security

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sleeping with fan or white noise vs Security

My fiance and I are fairly new home owners. I'm accustomed to sleeping with fan noise since I was a toddler. I have a responsibility for protecting the house and family. Do you all sleep with white noise machines or fans to get great sleep or do you drop those niceties to be full aware of any noises around the house?

Current setup: Pistol within arms reach of the bed, Simple safe alarm system being setup over the next week or two. Dog, but he is getting pretty old and just snores and farts most of the night

What other security advice would you suggest?

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Keep one eye open.

Comment

I have a window unit in the bedroom. Anything moves in the house my two Great Dane let us know . Anything outside our peacocks raise hell .

Comment

Originally posted by IowaHunter View Post
        Keep one eye open.
        Haha! For sure, I'm a terrible sleeper so one eye typically is open

Comment

Originally posted by Strummer View Post
          I have a window unit in the bedroom. Anything moves in the house my two Great Dane let us know . Anything outside our peacocks raise hell .
          Couple of peacocks is a great idea!

Comment

Looks like you've got a good start. I don't like the white noise machines and am a pretty light sleeper but a good shepherd style dog would be my recommendation.
            I have 2 Belgian shepherds that patrol the house and I sleep very well at night.
            I've read statistics where most burglaries happen between 10 am and noon. That's put to bed with those 2 dogs at the front and back door during the day, as well.

Comment

A good dog is worth their weight in gold

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I sleep like a rock, my wife doesn’t sleep so she just wakes me up when she hears something, plus she knows how to shoot.

Comment

Originally posted by rosco11 View Post
                  Couple of peacocks is a great idea!

They are amazing guard animals.

Comment

Home security system with window, door, and glass break sensors. Keypad on loud alert on the wall in the hall just outside your bedroom. Arlo cameras outside covering perimeter that sends motion alerts to your phone by your bed. Crank the fan & snooze easy.

Comment

A little yapping dog is a better warning than a growling German Shepherd.
                      That said, a Chihuahua won't kill a man. A properly trained Shepherd or Malinois definitely can. You need to consider your likelihood of having to defend your home from invasion.
                      If you think you are on the likely side of getting broken into while you are at home, I would keep an AR-15 handy.
                      And several magazines. And I would also have a yapping dog.
                      Also, call your lawyer before you pull the trigger.

Comment

2 English Mastiffs

Comment

Originally posted by AgHntr10 View Post
                          I sleep like a rock, my wife doesn’t sleep so she just wakes me up when she hears something, plus she knows how to shoot.
                          That's a great system you got going there.. I'll suggest that!

Comment

You don't need a security system.
                            Your 15 minutes from Seattle.

Move or put up a BLM/Rainbow sign in your yard & hide amongst them.

Comment

As long as they don't steal my two box fans im good

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X