Rotella T6 5W-40 Shortage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does anyone have a connection to get some Rotella 5W-40? I had not heard this is out of stock everywhere. Was going to do an oil change this weekend, but might be a bit difficult with no oil on store shelves.

Rotella has been hard to get for many months.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Well crap! That’s what I run in my XJ’s!

Comment

Napa has had it in spurts. Our Schaeffers rep said he's been getting a lot of new business from the Rotella shortage.

Comment

Another question. What are folks running instead of Rotella full synthetic in their diesel trucks?

I will pay for quality.

Comment

I had an issue finding it and it is through the roof on Amazon. The manager at Oreilys said that they havent had it in months. Later that same day I ordered it on their website and got it in two days.

Comment

Originally posted by Fordnandez View Post
              I had an issue finding it and it is through the roof on Amazon. The manager at Oreilys said that they havent had it in months. Later that same day I ordered it on their website and got it in two days.
              I can't find it anywhere. 1 gallon on Amazon. For $200.

Comment

I finally found a 5 gallon bucket at Tractor Supply in San Angelo. I had to search up and down to find some.
                Last edited by Raider4044; 01-10-2022, 03:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by WItoTX View Post
                  Another question. What are folks running instead of Rotella full synthetic in their diesel trucks?

I will pay for quality.
                  I switched to bulk Napa Full Synthetic 5w40. Comes in a 6 gallon box. 14 quarts of that and a one quart chaser of Hotshots stiction eliminator.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

I had to switch to Mobil 1 Turbo Diesel. Haven’t seen Rotella T6 anywhere.

Comment

Originally posted by WItoTX View Post

I will pay for quality.
                      Delvac 1 or Delo

Comment

There are plenty of other synthetic 5w40's that are just as good or better. Shell buys baseoils on the open market to blend most of their finished products. You're just buying a brand.

Comment

You'll likely have to find a different brand. It is in scarce supply

Comment

Went looking for blue winter blend windshield washer fluid this morning. After stopping at the 4th auto parts store, the manager said he hasn’t seen it at all this winter and the Rotella diesel oil is also in VERY short supply.

Comment

one of the main ingredients of the rotella is not made in this country ,,, it has always been imported ..... not that we make much of anything here any more

Comment

Working...
                              X