NHL to Houston??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NHL to Houston??

Tuesday, October 12th, 2021 is the day... that the best sport in the world to attend and watch live starts its regular season... (Never watched cricket live so at least I'm pretty sure Hockey is better)

Any other fans out there? Really hope Houston gets a team some day. Potentially Arizona, Florida, or Ottawa.

Regular season NHL comes only second to FSU football games for me but Playoff Hockey is the best thing I have ever attended. Better than baseball and basketball playoffs for sure.

Fell in LOVE with hockey after going to a Blackhawks game a few years ago.
    I'm a fan of the Avs and Hurricanes. (was a Montreal fan but we had a falling out have a driver headcover if anyone wants it)

Going to St. Louis to watch a game this month and wanting advice on things to do there.

Also, going to DC to watch a game in November.

Anyone else have similar experience with finding something they love at the age of 30? Played sports my whole life never got to Play hockey or Lacrosse growing up in East Texas, but man do I love it. I even bought skates hahah.

I watched the first hockey game in my whole life last saterday at Memorial City Mall. It was actually...not that bad.

Comment

Lol I watched a little there and bought used skates after, I want to join a low level team.

But I'm not joking, NHL games are a blast, big hits, fast pace, fans are super into the game. The light shows are awesome because of the reflection off the ice.

Now I also have went to an AHL game and it didn't compare at all.

Comment

Originally posted by CB_TxNole View Post
        Tuesday, October 12th, 2021 is the day... that the best sport in the world to attend and watch live starts its regular season... (Never watched cricket live so at least I'm pretty sure Hockey is better)

Any other fans out there? Really hope Houston gets a team some day. Potentially Arizona, Florida, or Ottawa.

Regular season NHL comes only second to FSU football games for me but Playoff Hockey is the best thing I have ever attended. Better than baseball and basketball playoffs for sure.

Fell in LOVE with hockey after going to a Blackhawks game a few years ago.
        I'm a fan of the Avs and Hurricanes. (was a Montreal fan but we had a falling out have a driver headcover if anyone wants it)

Going to St. Louis to watch a game this month and wanting advice on things to do there.

Also, going to DC to watch a game in November.

Anyone else have similar experience with finding something they love at the age of 30? Played sports my whole life never got to Play hockey or Lacrosse growing up in East Texas, but man do I love it. I even bought skates hahah.
        I do not avidly follow NHL hockey but I'll second the playoff atmosphere comment above. Have had the opportunity to attend several NHL playoff games (Blackhawks as well) and was blown away by the NON-STOP noise. The building started shaking DURING THE NATIONAL ANTHEMN and never stopped. Even when the other team scored, it was subdued for a second but then the roar started back up. You literally had to scream at the person next to you just to be heard.

My favorite thing is when a playoff series ends. Two teams that have beaten the crap out of each other for multiple games, all line up and shake hands and hug each other. Just a great example of mutual respect.

Favorite sport is by far football but you have to appreciate these hockey players for the agility, guts and just all out effort. I regularly attended old Houston Aeros games in the Summit in the day, especially on 50 cent beer night

Comment

You mean Canadian ice lacrosse?

Comment

NHL vs NFL..... Rest between each play and 5 to 6 days to recover and play again. NHL, just as rough if not more so. No rest while on the ice, maybe 1 to 2 days off before next game. NHL is a real sport. Gotta see a game in person to really appreciate it.

Comment

If I am going to watch in person I will take hockey all day long over football!

I miss watching the Aeros. Lots of fun at a good price.

Comment

Originally posted by Walker View Post
                NHL vs NFL..... Rest between each play and 5 to 6 days to recover and play again. NHL, just as rough if not more so. No rest while on the ice, maybe 1 to 2 days off before next game. NHL is a real sport. Gotta see a game in person to really appreciate it.
                I totally agree with the last sentence. They are trying to make hockey "safer" as well, but you take a run at the best player you are going to have to fight someone. Dudes go to the locker room, get stitched back up come back to the ice. Lose teeth, pick them up off the ice, bring them to the trainer on their bench and continue playing.

Comment

The thread title had me excited. I thought there may be some news on a team moving here.

I also never played aside from on roller blades when Mighty Ducks was popular. Loved going to the Aeros games before they moved.

Comment

Originally posted by CEO View Post
                    The thread title had me excited. I thought there may be some news on a team moving here.
                    This as well. Best sport to watch IMHO. I can't wait to go in person to a game when its easier to travel to Canada

Comment

Hockey is SICK

Comment

It seems that there are no a lot of fans from here. Most fans grew up in states that had teams or had climates where kids could actually play hockey. I don't think it is popular enough in the deep south to bring a team here. I could be wrong but I don't think that I even know one single person who watches it.

Comment

Even growing up in Texas, I have always been a hockey fan. Loved it on TV and went to several Dallas Blackhawk games back in the 60's. They played in the Fair Park Coliseum. Same with roller derby on Saturday nights. We try to take in some Allen Americans games each year.

Comment

Originally posted by CEO View Post

I also never played aside from on roller blades when Mighty Ducks was popular. Loved going to the Aeros games before they moved.
                            I changed the title.. The original title of "Tomorrow the NHL season is back"
                            might not have gotten many interactions haha sorry.

I work with a bunch of guys from Pennsylvania. And a lot of Northern transplants and Europeans are moving to Houston, people tend to think a team wouldn't do well here, but I totally disagree!

Aeros had one of the highest attendance ratings and they were an AHL team, mind you they may have also had the biggest city to play in.

I really hope there is a team in Houston soon. I don't think there will be but really hope.

Comment

My family was all from Detroit and GB and I used to go to a ton of Red Wings and Blackhawks games. That’s how we spent evenings was watching baseball, basketball and hockey. And the packers. I played on the pond that used to freeze over right by us and then played roller hockey down here. Went to some Stars games. Hockey was way more fun when they threw octopus and punches.

I can’t tell you how excited I would be for Houston to have a hockey team. Didn’t they have some minor-league team for a while when I moved here 15 years ago or so?
                              Last edited by Rubberdown; 10-11-2021, 08:14 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X