Shop lighting recommendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shop lighting recommendations

I'm just finishing up building a 30x40 shop on my property in Wise County and getting ready to run power and lighting. For all of you guys that have shops, what type of lighting do you have? Do's and dont's? I'm looking for budget friendly, but quality lights if that's possible. Thanks in advance

I've got a 30X 50 shop that originally had 4 8' double fluorescent bulb fixtures in it.
    When they started going out, I replaced the 4 fixtures with 6 4' LED fixtures. They were cheap and easy to install myself, and they put out plenty of light in my shop. Wish I had replaced them sooner.

Comment

I am installing hyperlite LEDs(UFO lights) in the big area of my barndo. And will have a few in my workshop area. They will light things up!

Also I would go with a LED instead of a flourescent. No reason these days to change bulbs

Comment

I have a 40x40 shop and installed 16 of the 4' LED fixtures from Home Depot.
        They've been great so far.

I'm about to build a little bigger shop and turn mine into a garage and party place.
        I'll use the same fixtures in the new shop.

Comment

I have ufo lights in mine and love them. About four of them should be all you need.

Comment

In my 26x38 attached garage I have five rows of three 4' LED dual tube fixtures. I would say if you were doing 4' dual tube to go with a 4x6 layout. Also depending on how high you're hanging/mounting the fixtures look at high bay lights. Everyone that see's my garage is shocked at how bright it is. I really like even spacing to eliminate shadows.

Comment

I really like the slim LED fixtures that can be found pretty cheap on amazon (Hyperikon vapor-proof comes to mind, but there are lots of different ones). You can install right on the bottom of a purlin for a very clean look. I have the 8-footers in my garage and you can link up to 5 together for a continuous strip of light.

Comment

4 @48” LEDs
                Plus a work light over your bench for good visual.
                Good deals on these at Amazon.

Comment

Replacing 4' flourescents in my garage with 4' LEDs. First few were single strip, 3000 lumen lights from Lowes @ $25 ea. Found 2 strip, 5000 lumen lights @ Wally World for $19.95. We'll see how they stack up!

Comment

Hyperlite is the way to go.
                    I have a 24x36 barn and 4 lights it up

Comment

Running these in my 24 x 40 shop. Its amazing how bright they are. Lights should be cheap to buy and cheap to power.

Comment

Prime Lights Stingray. Austin based company.

Expert service for DIY shop lighting projects & help with commercial LED upgrades! Our team can guide you from start to finish. Click to get started!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Arrowsmith View Post
                          Prime Lights Stingray. Austin based company.

Expert service for DIY shop lighting projects & help with commercial LED upgrades! Our team can guide you from start to finish. Click to get started!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
                          I have 4 of these 6 lamp stingray in my 30x40x14 shop. Super bright in there.

Comment

I did the UFO lights from Prime Lights and have been very happy with them. I've got 6 in my 30'x50' and my wife asked if I'm trying to invite aliens to it since "you can see if from space".

Comment

Originally posted by mmoses View Post
                              https://www.amazon.com/Barrina-8500L...1556499&sr=8-7

Running these in my 24 x 40 shop. Its amazing how bright they are. Lights should be cheap to buy and cheap to power.
                              I have these in my garage and they are awesome.

Comment

Working...
                              X