Road trip has begun!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Road trip has begun!!

We left early Friday morning to start our trip. Day 1 was 12 hour drive to Kansas City. We saw a drain silo that had a tree growing out of the top. Thought that sucker had to be in there growing for 15-20 years lol. There were a few rivers flooding pretty good in northern Oklahoma that were cool to see. For dinner stopped and had Arby's for the first time in about 30 years. Wasn't bad but wasn't great. I'd rather have a whataburger any day.

Day 2 was a 10 hour drive that got us up to palisade MN. Before we left we tried a Mexican food place in San Saba. It was no good. But we stopped at Don Pablo's near St. Paul after reading reviews. It was was better. Who would have thought. 😂. We stopped at a scenic overlook at a huge lake about an hour south of Palisade. Looked like an ocean.

Day 3 starting now. We are are Oneeye's sisters cabin. Pretty remote. Barely have any cell service. Going in a few to check out his wife's farm. If I had internet I'd post a link to it. They raise, butcher, sell pigs chickens and lots of things. Going to be very interesting.

I'll try to update better once I get wifi. That should be late tomorrow in international falls

Day 4 - Joe or Oneeye's friend is taking us on a boat ride Going to be an all day event. Hope to start getting more pictures today.

Sounds like a lot of driving so far. I think we are renting a house in Galveston for a couple of days next week.

Enjoy Tim, and I will keep up with you folks..............

Comment

Travel safe and enjoy the west.

Hogboy

Comment

In

Comment

Tim, have fun and a safe trip.

Comment

Day 3. Saw the farm. Pigs, chickens, chicks, goats, cows, garden etc. and joes new flat iron huge cooking trailer. He had brunch cooking when we arrived. Home made bacon pancakes blueberry syrup etc. was great. Then we drove out to joes lake place. Took a nice long pontoon boat ride in perfect weather. Stopped and caught a few perch. Then joe cooked chicken and potatoes in cast iron such ovens for dinner right on the lake shore. We sat and relaxed and ate. Now back and fully rested. Ready to start a new adventure tomorrow with joes friend Rich Meeting him in Hibbing Loading up Joe on catfish at the last spring fishing trip is paying off!

Took lots of pictures and got drone footage. Hopefully we have internet soon

Comment

In.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Dang it Tim, those were sunfish - not perch!!! It was good having you guys here. Thanks for coming!

Have a good ride today.

Comment

Following along sir...............

Comment

Our typical vacation boat ride happened this morning. Rich (Joe's friend) tried taking up Crane Lake to Kettle Falls. It's about an hour boat ride. Well a HUGE storm blew us off the water. Got soaked. It was a fun boat ride where we make new friends. Now we made it to International Falls and it has stopped raining.

Joe's lake

Joe's beach LOL Had to get in close as that's the whole thing.

Crane Lake

Wild rice field/marsh

Joe's sisters cabin

Real pictures are on the good camera.

Comment

I’m sure that’s a Great trip. Enjoy

Comment

Cool pics, keep posting them, thanks for taking us along.

Comment

Looks like a great trip. Thanks for taking us along.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

There's not a lot to do here in I.F. Went to the city beach and drove along the lake. Lots of water up here. Going to relax tomorrow and sleep in for a change then maybe watch a movie at a real theater for the first time in 5-6 years.

Comment

Good stuff sir, thank you for sharing.

Comment

Working...
                              X