Guy across the street recording my house

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by c3products20 View Post
    This is one of those situations where you could/should call and report him as "mentally unfit" to own a gun!!! How long ago did his family move out? In the meantime, I would point a camera right back at him.... No telling what he's going to do! That's a scary situation, especially with kids involved...

Wow
    Turning friends and neighbors over to big brother
    There’s a fine line that’s crossing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Saggy View Post
      Wow
      Turning friends and neighbors over to big brother
      There’s a fine line that’s crossing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      The guy is neither a friend or neighbor...

Comment

Several lessons here.

1. Never, ever tell someone (especially a person with mental issues) that your wife, daughter, kids, etc... are home alone or when they are alone. You have never talked to this neighbor in 10 years, you know his family left him and yet you trust him with knowledge of your absence?

2. If you suspect someone is crazy, never come onto their property and give them cause.

3. "You catch more bees with sugar" Be nice to begin with rather than accusatory.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveC View Post
          Once the gun comes out, time to head inside and come up with a different strategy.
          If he’s half nuts he ain’t too far from using it.

There’s a self defense video of a bad neighbor run in ending in a double shooting not too long ago.
          I’ll go dig it up....

Active Self Defense video- Graphic warning -
          https://youtu.be/Id9pd8zfQcs
          Dang, that was hard to watch. I think especially in today's climate, people have become "slung off".

Comment

Originally posted by Sackett View Post
            Several lessons here.

1. Never, ever tell someone (especially a person with mental issues) that your wife, daughter, kids, etc... are home alone or when they are alone. You have never talked to this neighbor in 10 years, you know his family left him and yet you trust him with knowledge of your absence?

2. If you suspect someone is crazy, never come onto their property and give them cause.

3. "You catch more bees with sugar" Be nice to begin with rather than accusatory.
            Sound advice!!

Comment

example of what not to do for feels

Comment

Once the gun comes out, time to head inside and come up with a different strategy.

There’s a self defense video of a bad neighbor run in ending in a double shooting not too long ago.

I’ll go dig it up....

I can't believe that guy shot his friend and neighbor....... That was tough to watch, dang!

Comment

I am pretty sure OP didn't run across street and tell this guy he knows is unstable that his family is often home alone.

Instead of "kindly asked him to stop recording or facing that camera towards our house, as I have little girls and a wife that are home by themselves somedays while Im at work." I think he probably intended something more like "Since my wife and girls are home alone while I am at work, I kindly asked him to stop..."

Comment

Call the police.
                    He brought out a gun and threatened you.
                    Mental health issues and guns are not a good combination.
                    Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by Sackett View Post
                      Several lessons here.

He told this to a neighbor of at least 10yrs with a camera facing his house. Don’t think he provided any information that wasn’t obvious. Probably did more harm by posting it on web tho.

Comment

I would get me a laser pointer / gun sight and aim it directly into that camera lens and lock it down. Maybe it would damage something inside the camera to make it useless. At a minimum it would blind the camera when it is facing your direction

Since you have already kicked the hornet nest so to speak, you better be ready to do what is required if he twists off

Comment

Call the police.
                          Ignore/Avoid him
                          Move

I'll be honest, I'd consider the third option if I felt my and my family's safety was at imminent risk.

Comment

I’ll go dig it up....

Geez that was pretty rough, they were clearly aholes but I still almost teared up. Freaking psycho

Comment

What's done is done as far as the encounter you had with him goes. Don't beat yourself up on that front.

Now, what you can do from this point on as others have suggested is get a camera of your own to document what he is up to.

Let your wife and daughters know when they see this guy outside to go inside.

Call law enforcement and make a record of what you are dealing with.

Next time you see him, wave nicely. If he says anything to you be polite and let him know you were having a bad day and realized you may have come at him sideways but meant no disrespect. (Do this from your property not his)

Mental health is no joke. If this guy is on the edge the last thing you want to do is be an excuse and put your family in his cross hairs.

I have a weird neighbor who lives about a mile down the road and he walks by my house on occasion. He made the mistake one day of talking to my kids who were playing outside. Long story short I am building a fence. At first I was gonna go knock on his door but my dad talked me down off that ledge. 25 years in law enforcement and his advice is don’t step on his property and give him an excuse.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                                I’d leave him alone and mind my own business. He never bothered you in 10 years until you complained to him.
                                Please do not interject common sense into this thread. What in the hell is wrong with you AC ?

Comment

Working...
                                X