Gelcoat/texture boat decking recommendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gelcoat/texture boat decking recommendations

I have a 99 22' low-side Gulfcoast bay boat and over the years the texture on decking has vanished. I took the kids out last Thursday and noticed how slippery it was walking around. I think its time to have the deck re textured or webbing, something to keep me from busting my a**. I wish I could say it slippery from fish slime, but that's not the case. I am in league city, but will travel within reason for quality work. Any recommendations our greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Its called tuff coat, there's tons of youtube videos on it

Comment

Safe floor is right in your neighborhood. It would be my choice, it's a little expensive though. I think it's around $14 a square foot.

Comment

Safe floor is awesome! I love it.

Granulated rubber non slip boat flooring with the best warranty in the industry

Comment

My brother in law's boat with Safe Floor.

My old boat with Safe Floor.

Comment

I really like the look of safe floor, how does it clean up after a day of fishing?

Comment

Is it safe to pressure wash? Does it fade over time left out in the sun?

Comment

SafeFloor or SeaDek are def nicer than tuff coat but also many times more pricey

Comment

Safe floor cleans up easily. You can bleach it and you can pressure wash it. No problem. The only thing that hurts it is prolonged exposure to gasoline. So if you spill gas on it you need to wash it off. If you spill gas on it regularly and don't clean it up it can eventually peel up in that area.

An other good thing is if you do ever figure out a way to damage it the damaged area can be scraped up and new safe floor can be patched back in and you can't even tell a repair was done.

If you leave it in full exposure to the sun it will eventually start to fade but it takes awhile. My boats see tons of use and they have never shown any fading.

Comment

Day to day I just hose mine off real well and don't worry about it too much. About once every couple of weeks I take my pressure washer and some bleach down and give it a good cleaning. It looks like new again in no time.

Comment

Cool deal. Thanks for the input. Was looking at seadek but this seems like a better option in the long run.

Comment

Great information Capt Glenn, thank you. Plan on calling them today for pricing.

Comment

Those look great

Comment

Seadek is softer to the touch but not nearly as durable and it peels up around the edges frequently. They do not warranty it when it peels up.

If you ever have a problem with Safe Floor they will fix it. Brandon is a great guy and has stood behind his product for me. That is the biggest reason I am such a fan, it does what they say it will do, it's tough and the warranty is excellent. If you have a problem with it Brandon will make it right.

Comment

Originally posted by Capt Glenn View Post
                              Seadek is softer to the touch but not nearly as durable and it peels up around the edges frequently. They do not warranty it when it peels up.

If you ever have a problem with Safe Floor they will fix it. Brandon is a great guy and has stood behind his product for me. That is the biggest reason I am such a fan, it does what they say it will do, it's tough and the warranty is excellent. If you have a problem with it Brandon will make it right.

Does it get hot in direct sunlight?

Comment

Working...
                              X