Great Trip on the White River

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great Trip on the White River

Got back in Sunday evening from a couple of days fishing with my dad and brother on the White River. We stayed at Rim Shoals and fished up and down from the cabins there. Water levels were really high which they say made it harder fishing, but we think we did fine. Boated 35 fish in the two days, lost about half that many more and saw some absolute beasts. This was our first time fishing in Arkansas, and on the White, but it won't be my last for sure. Had a lot of good eating size trout and Dad's two monster browns. Largest was 21 1/4". Took my boat as I did not trust the little rental boats and smaller hp motors.

Great trip!!

Comment

Goodness that looks like a lot of fun.

Rwc

Comment

Awesome!!!! Are the trout there native, do they stock them or both?

Comment

Wow. Sounds like a great trip.

Comment

Looks like a great trip!

Comment

I love that area. Lots of great fishin and even better scenery.

Comment

Awesome trip.

Comment

Great trip.

Comment

Those are some beautiful trout, never knew there was trout fishing in Arkansas.

Are they stocked in that river, or natural? I have never heard of trout anywhere around Arkansas.

Comment

Originally posted by RifleBowPistol View Post
                      Those are some beautiful trout, never knew there was trout fishing in Arkansas.

Are they stocked in that river, or natural? I have never heard of trout anywhere around Arkansas.

Actually, there are no trout fisheries in Arkansas, it would be a waste of time to come here
                      [emoji3][emoji3][emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Looks like y’all had a great time. Did you by chance see any of the yellow rainbow trout?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

They stock somewhere close to 1 million trout in the White every year I believe. There are a lot of native/holdover fish for sure in there, but they do supplement it. We did not see or catch any of the palominos. Arkansas has some great trout fisheries in the White, Little Red, Norfork and many other rivers, much less what the Buffalo River offers.

Comment

Great pics, What an awesome trip!!

Comment

What a great fishing trip with your dad and your brother. That combination of a family on any kind of fishing trip is awesome, but when you add that beautiful country and those trout, that is just an outstanding time.

Comment

Working...
                              X