bed cover with tool box??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bed cover with tool box??

Anyone know if you can use a "bed rail" height tool box with a bed cover, such a a bak flip or something like that?

i know some of the bed covers have a built in tool box but i would like to use the low profile weather guard

If not what is everyone using for tool and accessory storage with a bed cover??? im about to buy a bak flip for my f250 but i would like to have a place to hold tools, jumper cables, ropes ect

Let me know if you find one.
    They have the decked systems but they make your bed useless.

Comment

my dad bought a bed cover that goes up against his toolbox. I'll have to remember to ask him the brand.

Comment

A swing case like this may work for you depending on how much you are needing to store. I have a bed cover and this is the route I will be going soon.

Comment

This what I did, not the best but serves a lot my purpose. Bought this topper and cut the support frame to fit. Is not completely water proof, nor will get the thieves completely out but it a deterrent.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

I have a Swingcase which fits with my Undercover Armour-Flex folding bed cover. One case is enough for what I carry but you can add a second one.

Comment

Originally posted by creekbottom02 View Post
              Anyone know if you can use a "bed rail" height tool box with a bed cover, such a a bak flip or something like that?

i know some of the bed covers have a built in tool box but i would like to use the low profile weather guard

If not what is everyone using for tool and accessory storage with a bed cover??? im about to buy a bak flip for my f250 but i would like to have a place to hold tools, jumper cables, ropes ect

Message CHrigging he has a bedcover with a toolbox/diesel tank combo. Not sure on what models he has but he can let you know

Comment

Look in to the Diamondback Bed Cover. They have a tool box tray that hangs from the bedrails under the cover. I am on my second truck with one and absolutely love it.

Be ready for the next adventure and protect your gear in the bed with DiamondBack. The toughest, most secure truck bed cover that’s built in the USA and comes with a lifetime warranty.

Comment

Not sure I understand the need for bed covers.

But my buddy has one and twice has forgot to close his tailgate because he couldn't see it and lost a bag of tools one time and his drills the second time.

Comment

Originally posted by MagicBlade View Post

But my buddy has one and twice has forgot to close his tailgate because he couldn't see it and lost a bag of tools one time and his drills the second time.

i like the idea of my stuff (ice chest, luggage, fishing rods ect) being out of sight and dry, i know its not a safe back there but it might make someone think twice. plus i can fold it back if i need to haul something tall or pull a gooseneck

Comment

I have a Weatherguard toolbox and Extang Solid Fold bed cover on my '15 F250. I looked for a variety of covers to use a low profile tool box with a cover. The problem with this is that all or the vast majority of low profile tool boxes have the handles in front of the toolbox which would end up being covered or blocked by the bed cover thus making your toolbox pretty useless. I had to use the standard height tool box that has buttons/handles on the sides so you can open/close it while the cover is on.

My bed cover fits ok but it sits higher in front of the toolbox due to added "lip" you have to install there for the transition from toolbox to cover. Keeps the majority of water out but not all.

Comment

Originally posted by MagicBlade View Post

That has nothing to do with a bed covering, your buddy just needs to be more careful, geez.
                        Last edited by dgilbert; 06-10-2021, 08:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by creekbottom02 View Post
                          i like the idea of my stuff (ice chest, luggage, fishing rods ect) being out of sight and dry, i know its not a safe back there but it might make someone think twice. plus i can fold it back if i need to haul something tall or pull a gooseneck
                          Exactly you can't even go **** at the convenience store with an open bed during season.

Comment

Unfortunately I am of no help, but I love a bed cover. I'll never own another truck without one. I personally use plastic totes for my tools. I like the flexibility of being able to easily remove them in case I need to haul something large like a piece of furniture, bikes, or even a fishing rod. I also like my stuff being out of the weather and out of sight of the boogie men. What sold me was a buddy who came to our place with several bags of corn in the back. It started to rain, and he just closed his bed cover. I would have been scrambling to unload all the corn.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

I have a hard tri-fold and a tool chest underneath at the bulkhead. I figure that if I need in the box and the unit is still in the way in the fullest position I can take it off and do what I have to do, then put it back on. It takes less than 10 minutes to put it on from a complete removal, tracks/covers & all. I love my set up on my 2017 GMC Sierra 4x4.

Comment

Working...
                              X