6mm arc ar build trouble shooting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

6mm arc ar build trouble shooting

I built me a 6mm arc using a 6.5grendel aero bolt and a proof research 18” steel barrel. So today I checked the functionality on the unit and it cycled everything just fine and was super accurate. I shot 15rounds through the rifle and I was getting a substantial amount of blowback it was irritating my eyes so I called it quits. I was shooting with a suppressor. When I ejected my mag it was black on the follower. Anyone have any idea wherein lies the problem? Should I just remove the suppressor?

That's what happens with a suppressor. Just have to clean it more...

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Comment

Sounds like the gas port is too large if it’s burning your eyes. Charging handle with a gas buster deal like a BCM and an adjustable gas block is the easy option.

Comment

Gas Buster and/or the adjustable block for sure. The back pressure from the can is causing the increased blowback. I like the SLR blocks. They're easy to install and dial in.

Comment

I threw on an adjustable gas block and it still ran fine but I wasn’t able to make an adjustment because I put 10rounds through it at a fast rate of fire and I’m assuming the last round didn’t go off and was somehow ejected into my brass catcher. I hope it just flopped outta the mag. But the bolt locked back either way. The round was very dirty and had a small dimple in the shoulder. I’ll have to reassess the build. It’s unsettling either way to have live rounds being gassed like that while still in the mag.

Comment

Originally posted by Txarrowhunter View Post
            I threw on an adjustable gas block and it still ran fine but I wasn’t able to make an adjustment because I put 10rounds through it at a fast rate of fire and I’m assuming the last round didn’t go off and was somehow ejected into my brass catcher. I hope it just flopped outta the mag. But the bolt locked back either way. The round was very dirty and had a small dimple in the shoulder. I’ll have to reassess the build. It’s unsettling either way to have live rounds being gassed like that while still in the mag.

That’s the nature of shooting an AR suppressed. You are going to get gas back into everything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
              That’s the nature of shooting an AR suppressed. You are going to get gas back into everything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

This. An adjustable gas block that’s correctly tuned will help, but you’re always going to have some blowback with suppressed ARs. Everything’s going to get dirty quicker than it would running without a suppressor, but it’s really nothing to worry about.

There are plenty of YouTube videos out there showing how to adjust your gas block if you haven’t already. If your rifle is going to be run 100% suppressed, adjust it with the can on. If not, do it with the can removed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

AS stated above, gonna have to reduce the port down with an adjustable block to get it to where it's somewhat manageable. If you dont want ANY coming back, get an Adams Arms piston kit, but they are a good bit more expensive.
                I usually look like a raccoon after a range day. lol

Comment

I ordered me an slr adjustable gas block for more precise adjustments as the seekins one I put on there is a very simple set screw. I’ve shot most of my ar’s suppressed from 556, 6.5g, 224, 308 and it’s never been this bad. Hopefully the slr gas block will tune it up well. My live rounds in the mag get that nasty chamber stain so it a bit sketchy. I might order me a pri charging handle too. Thanks for the help guys.

Comment

Any updates?

Comment

Working...
                    X