Food Plot Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Food Plot Question

Would it hurt the seed if I spray glyphosate on a Friday afternoon, then spread the seed on Sunday afternoon?

I’m going to put out a mixture of peas and beans. Maybe a little clover.

Thanks

I wouldn't think that would be a good idea but what does the directions say on the spray

Comment

Shouldn't be a problem though could be a bit early

Comment

Glyphosate is not supposed to affect seeds since it is a post emergent but I would try to wait if what your are spraying is very thick. You would want the vegetation to die and expose enough soil for good germination and then knock it down to protect the seed and hold moisture in.

Comment

Glyphosate is a post emergent. It will not hurt the seeds at all.

However, even knowing that, I would spray your Gly heavy, wait a week, then broadcast seed if possible.

Comment

I wouldn’t waste time planting clover this time of year. Most of the benefits from clover come before most of our spring green up occurs. It will die out once our TX summers get going. Clovers do much better when planted in the fall in conjunction with a nurse crop like cereal grains(oats, wheat, cereal rye). That gives the clover a chance to establish a root system while the grains are foraged on. They will then take off once spring hits and most of the vegetation is slowing coming out of dormancy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

No it would not hurt. My only issue with this, is if you don't get a good kill you can't spray again

Comment

Posts 5,6 & 7 are my thoughts

bill

Comment

Working...
                X