Winter Fishing for Bull Reds!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I recently joined my buddy, Jeremy Compton, on a two day fishing trip near Bayou Dularge, LA. When we arrived, our guide asked if our objective was a "meat haul." His eyes lit up when we told him we didn't even bring an ice chest, and he asked if we wanted to catch some big bull reds!

We spent the next two mornings battling two dozen bull reds, most of which were 24-29 POUNDS! Here is a short 90 second highlight video I put together from that trip!

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HEcr8Cb_Ub0"]Winter Fishing for Bull Reds on the South Louisiana Coast! (W90 Highlights) - YouTube[/ame]

It was hard to pare all the footage down to 90(ish) seconds!
    Last edited by Michael; 02-15-2021, 11:05 AM.
    My Flickr Photos

Null? WTH is null?

Oops. Got it. That was great.
    Last edited by Fishndude; 02-15-2021, 11:06 AM.

Comment

Not working? Looks fine on my end.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      My Flickr Photos

Comment

Sweet. Looks like a ton of fun.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Heck yeah. We need more footage. What were the temps like. I bet your arms were wore out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

awesome

Comment

That was fantastic!

Comment

Bet that was a fun trip. Ive always wanted to sight cast reds.

Great video as well. Youve really got good at capturing your adventures.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Nicely edited.

Comment

You’re getting pretty good at this whole making awesome videos thing. Keep em coming!

Comment

Awesome! Sight casting reds is as close to hunting as you can get with a fishing pole in your hand. My favorite fishing for sure!

Comment

Nicely done sir! We did this for 3 days straight one time at the Chandeleurs... We stayed after 'em because about every 4 to fifth fish was either a slot red or a big honkin' trout... one of my most favorite fishing trips of my life! My first one on a fly rod there too... Think about those fish on a 9 wt in 18" of water! What a fight! Sure wish I had video of it!

Comment

Bout as good as it gets...only thing funner is chasing them in herds & having 3-4 lines zinging & doing the redfish line crossing jig all around the boat.

Comment

Thanks.man! Loved the video!

Nothing like some big bulls!!! I wanna see the full video!!!

Comment

Another solid production. Enjoyed the video. Looked like a ton of fun

Comment

Working...
                              X