Future Real Estate Markets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Future Real Estate Markets

Curious to see what the opinions are around here on what the real estate markets in NE Texas will do over the next 6-18 months.

I may be looking to move or build in this time frame but I can’t get adjusted to what current prices are. I currently own but would be upgrading from 1 acre and a small house to 20-30 acres with a moderate sized house.

I know interest rates are low but With Biden being elected, fuel prices creeping up, and lumber prices staying up, is anyone else thinking that the real estate markets will come down some?

Anyone thinking the opposite and that real estate will continue to boom as more people move out of the DFW metroplex and in from other states?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There’s no guarantee either way but I am betting the influx of people into Texas will outweigh the damage done to the national economy. It’s pretty hard to find any period over the last 40 years where land didn’t appreciate at a healthy pace when looked at over at least 5 years.

Comment

A housing shortage will maintain through the end of this year and probably most of 2022 keeping the market red hot. Inventory low, prices high and continuing to rise and as long as the Fed keep mortgage rates low the embers will continue to burn. The only thing that could slow this juggernaut is is price creeps too much higher too fast but even in that case we have 6-12 months of momentum prior to any change.

ac

Comment

Let me start off by saying, this is just my opinion. I have been in Real Estate for 15 plus years and I have never seen raw real estate go down in value or price. Structures and stuff like that can decrease in value over time which in turn can decrease overall value of property, but raw Real Estate will not.

Comment

Raw Real Estate went down in the 2008/2009 financial crisis.

Comment

It's BOOMING and no end in sight at the moment. I'm helping out my Land company I retired from in 2017 this weekend at a site about 20 miles west of Weatherford. Smaller acreage than you referenced, 2-5 acres, and they are booked solid...160 appointments for Saturday alone. My "retired company" has developed and sold out 5 land projects in the last 2 years alone and yep, BIG influx of out of state folks plus those fleeing the Metro areas. The sites have been around Decatur, Weatherford, Granbury and Brock. Don't fool yourself, buy now if you can and the old saying is true..."You can build a house but they ain't making more land."

Comment

There have been 93 places sold since then beginning of the year in Gonzales county. People are paying outrageous prices. It's crazy.

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonA View Post
                Raw Real Estate went down in the 2008/2009 financial crisis.
                I agree, was in the middle of it. And I guess more accurately during a financial crisis, nuclear war, giant fireballs hitting the Earth and other like, all might have an effect on Real Estate value temporarily. However overall you will never buy today or tomorrow what you could of bought 10 years ago at the same price per acre.

Comment

Yep. Bought a few years ago and the value has doubled. Don’t wait. Liberals are flocking to Texas. And it ain’t the poor ones.

Comment

Hope it stays up so I can sell and move to Florida. Hopefully someone from out of state wanting a wedding venue

Comment

Originally posted by kumathebear View Post
                      It's BOOMING and no end in sight at the moment. I'm helping out my Land company I retired from in 2017 this weekend at a site about 20 miles west of Weatherford. Smaller acreage than you referenced, 2-5 acres, and they are booked solid...160 appointments for Saturday alone. My "retired company" has developed and sold out 5 land projects in the last 2 years alone and yep, BIG influx of out of state folks plus those fleeing the Metro areas. The sites have been around Decatur, Weatherford, Granbury and Brock. Don't fool yourself, buy now if you can and the old saying is true..."You can build a house but they ain't making more land."

I drive right by some of the places in Weatherford on the way to my lease. They have for sure been booming.

Anyone currently building or is a GC? Curious to see what the average price/sq ft. cost of building a Barndominium and cost of a traditional home is?

Comment

Cost of building materials is whats nuts. Bare land next to me went for $16,000 an acre for 24 acres. My fear is interest rates going up with inflation. Keep it together for another year or two !!!
                        Last edited by friscopaint; 02-10-2021, 06:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan81 View Post
                          I drive right by some of the places in Weatherford on the way to my lease. They have for sure been booming.

Anyone currently building or is a GC? Curious to see what the average price/sq ft. cost of building a Barndominium and cost of a traditional home is?

They are offering a 1100 sq.ft Barndominium "Shell, not finished inside" but on a slab for $43K. Most of the developments have gone with traditional builds in my experience. Barndo's really vary in price just like traditional builds all dependent on the finish. I've never owned a Barndo, but like many, I've done a lot of research on them and just from TBH responses who have built them, most are really pleased. As usual, most of the 80 + "ranchettes" will sell out this weekend even with the cold weather. And no, not advertising at all, just initially responding to the OP on real estate in our neck of the woods.

Comment

House prices in NE San Antonio are ridiculous but people keep paying it. Subdivision i live in is all full now within a year.

Comment

Prices are headed higher in Texas with the influx of people moving here. I don’t expect it to slow down until the migration to Texas slows down and interest rates rise.

Comment

Working...
                              X