Fortitude - American Resilience in the Era of Outrage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fortitude - American Resilience in the Era of Outrage

Dan Crenshaw’s book is the antidote. It’s what this country needs. I pray for more congressmen like him and citizens to heed his words. I’ll be trying my ****dest— and failing, and trying again.
    If you haven’t read it- do it now.

Crenshaw lost me with his red flag law and statue stance.

Comment

Crenshaw puts on a show. Even though he's new, he's swampy to the core.

Comment

Originally posted by EarleyBird View Post
        Crenshaw puts on a show. Even though he's new, he's swampy to the core.
        Precisely. Not a fan.

Comment

Rather than another barrage of personal attacks, is there anything in the book you disagree with?
          I guess that could be obvious from the responses, but I have to ask.

Comment

Those are not personal attacks MF.

Comment

One of his points that I strongly agree with is that strong opinions without facts are lazy, weak, and ignorant— part of the outrage culture that is moving this country backward.

Comment

Originally posted by Laszlo View Post
                Those are not personal attacks MF.

What would you call labeling him “swampy?”
                Have an issue to discuss? Anything in the book that is the topic of this thread?

Comment

Who is better than Crenshaw?

Comment

He stated his views. I don't agree with them. Not personal attacks. All I need to know about him.

Comment

Originally posted by DUKFVR View Post
                      He stated his views. I don't agree with them. Not personal attacks. All I need to know about him.

What purpose does the black-or-white, all-in-or-all-out position serve?
                      If he voted to remove a statue of Obama would you similarly protest? He said he was happy to help Democrats confront their racist past.

Comment

Any statue. If it was erected should stay up. It goes both ways.He is a rhino at best. I have no use for those. Showing his colors early. Will only get worse if he stays in with the other swamp rats. Maybe I am wrong and if he proves me wrong, I will gladly admit it.

Comment

I hope I am wrong but his initial position on red flag laws makes me REALLY scrutinize him. That was a HORRIBLE bill that could easily strip away rights from citizens without due process.

Either you support the Constitution or you don’t.

Comment

[QUOTE=Daddypants;15193646]I hope I am wrong but his initial position on red flag laws makes me REALLY scrutinize him. That was a HORRIBLE bill that could easily strip away rights from citizens without due process.

Either you support the Constitution or you don’t.[/QUOTE
                            ]

All these ex military like him and mj touting their service and then wanting to strip the constitution apart. Must have forgotten the oath they took.

Comment

Originally posted by Daddypants View Post
                              I hope I am wrong but his initial position on red flag laws makes me REALLY scrutinize him. That was a HORRIBLE bill that could easily strip away rights from citizens without due process.

Either you support the Constitution or you don’t.

As with most things— the details matter.
                              Trump has said he supports them.
                              Crenshaw said maybe they should be considered. If you listen to his actual thoughts on the issue, it’s not quite as black and white.

Comment

Working...
                              X