I'm looking for recommendations for a gun vise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm looking for recommendations for a gun vise

A vise for scope mounting and cleaning and some light gun smithing trying to stay reasonably priced.

Thanks Anthony

Look up Parrot vise with tilting jaws...I love this tool. I have one set of jaws with rubber & another with cork that I glued up myself. The ones they come with at the time were flimsy.

You can grab the gun by the bbl or stock...the vise can also be adjusted to hold items vertically. Better than any cradle I've tried.

Comment

I have one of those for knife making never thought about for guns

Comment

I have been using a Tipton best gun vice for awhile now works good for mounting scopes cleaning and minor smithing/adjusting

Comment

Originally posted by twosixteens View Post
          I have been using a Tipton best gun vice for awhile now works good for mounting scopes cleaning and minor smithing/adjusting
          Same. Also have one that looks like a woodworking vise with foam inserts. Does everything the tipton won't.

Comment

I bought the Tipton Ultra Gun Vise off Amazon for something like $120. I don’t know how I’ve gone so long without a good vise. It’s been great!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Bama View Post
              I have one of those for knife making never thought about for guns
              It was designed for wood workers & the angled jaws allow awkward angles to be gripped evenly...you can take a barreled action & re-position it in a second in place & go from trigger work to optic mounting in 5 seconds. The vice was designed to not over torque & you know when to stop on the stock vs metal.

If you do nothing but clean / mount optics as a complete long gun then a cradle is fine, but the parrot takes care of it all. It's a must if you consistently pull stocks & do a lot of metal work.

Comment

Just don't use the parrot vise to hold your AR 10 upper while torqueing the barrel nut. It breaks.

Comment

Working...
                X