No announcement yet.

Ginsburg is Dead

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PVrEwCa8nSA"]"Well...................Bye." - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

Will it be counted as a Covid death? No doubt Trumps fault.

Oh boy.....three weeks of national mourning, Democrat self flagellation, endless stories and anecdotes, TV specials, self righteous opinion pieces disguised as obituaries, Biden confusing her with someone else, constant references to her "courage, wisdom and foresight, passion and conviction" and all that bulls**t ........ This woman was a witch. Bury her and move on. That is all.

My sympathies to her family.

Comment

[ATTACH]1019794[/ATTACH]

Comment

Push. We don't vote for them to (work across party lines). We voted to 100% veto what the left is pushing.

Ideology difference is what we are up against.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Here is another slant- does anyone believe that our November election results won't end up in the Supreme Court? The Dems are going to fight tooth and nail to keep this from happening and Mitch is going to have to count noses before he goes thru this. Some Republicans that are in tight races may be leery about moving forward. You also need to consider that Mitt Romney will not fall into line so we are already one down.

Comment

Let’s not forget this is freedom vs communism in this election. I don’t give a **** about them seeming hypocritical, or precedent or anything else. To hell with “fair”! Let’s take this country back.

Comment

Originally posted by Rcole1310 View Post
                Well, he has until Jan 20. Why push the country even more by rushing it before the election? Also, every republican senator said that Feb was too late in an election year to confirm a judge when Merrick Garland was up. So how is October now all of a sudden not too late? I’m glad we get another conservative judge, I just can’t stand a hypocrite. And this would be the mother of all hypocritical acts. If it turns into a battle, rep senators have no ground to argue other than, “well it’s our guy now so forget what we said last time”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                Millions of innocent unborn lives are at stake...that's why.

Not hypocritical at all.....America elected the senate....they control the rules....go ahead and cry some more.

Comment

RIP
                  Amy Barrett come on down!

Comment

Ginsburg is Dead

Originally posted by PlanoDano View Post
                    Nothing will happen before election day, McConnell is at risk of losing the Senate majority and that might push it over the edge. Now a lame duck Supreme Court is a distinct possibility.

Exactly. The smart play, trump admin slow their roll way down. There is no upside to them even discussing this now. Even if they lose, they still get the lame duck appointment. If they make a fuss over this it puts the senate in even more jeopardy. Although, in my opinion they should stand by what they said about election year appointments in the first place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Ironman View Post
                      Lol! I was thinking of typing something very similar. Great minds...
                      Yeah, my two BFF here.

Comment

Ginsburg is Dead

Originally posted by mwk128 View Post
                        The republicans played their hand in 2016 after scalia’s death. How can they defend appointing a new justice 6 weeks before an election when they wouldn’t do it 9 months before the 2016 election. I don’t see any way to do it without seeming like huge hypocrites. I know everyone is a politician and they’ll come up with some mealy mouthed excuse, but how could anyone take them at their word. It’ll be an easy way for every republican senator and the President to be attacked by their opponents. It could **** off enough people to swing some elections and give the democrats the senate majority.

I think the best option might be for the republicans to just tell everyone to suck it and that they’re in charge right now so they’re going to do what they want and don’t have to explain *****. I don’t think any of them have the balls to say that though, except probably Trump.

They are politicians, they are all hypocrites.

Trump has way more to lose by not pushing a nomination and senate vote. The liberals will never vote for him under any circumstances but a portion of his base sure will drop him like a potato if he doesn’t.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                        Last edited by Mike D; 09-18-2020, 07:51 PM.

Comment

All though I disagreed with her I still pray for her family. She is now facing the ultimate judge. Let’s hope Trump gets re-elected and gets another SC pick!

Comment

Between the Democrats and media, hypocrite is the least offensive thing Republicans have been called over the last 4 years. The Dems have ignored the procedures and traditions of Congress since Trump was elected. Now those are suddenly important. Nancy Pelosi and her fan boy, Chuck Schumer have blocked every attempt to do anything concerning the pandemic because they control the House. They set the rules, Repubs need to play by them.
                            The only question now is, how many Republican senators have the stones to give the media the bird and live with the fall out? And for anyone counting on a lame duck appointment, do you really believe a majority of the Republicans that get re-elected are going to rock the boat and confirm anyone that the incoming VP doesn't approve?
                            Last edited by etbowhunter; 09-18-2020, 07:53 PM.

Comment

Well........shucks

Comment

Originally posted by Rcole1310 View Post
                                Exactly. The smart play, trump admin slow their roll way down. There is no upside to them even discussing this now. Even if they lose, they still get the lame duck appointment. If they make a fuss over this it puts the senate in even more jeopardy. Although, in my opinion they should stand by what they said about election year appointments in the first place.
                                I'm gonna have to eat crow on this one with this announcement...Read Mitch's statement again about history & mid term.

This is war not ping pong...bring it.

McConnell: Trump's Supreme Court nominee 'will receive a vote on the floor of the United States Senate'

Comment

Working...
                                X