No announcement yet.

Who’s had Covid?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just seeing this Matt. How long have y'all been down with it?

What symptoms y'all having? Prayers for a speedy recovery.

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8
      I don’t know that they know anymore about it now than they did at the start LOL
      True statement. I watched part of an interview with a doc from University of Minnesota and he said one of the biggest problems is they just don't know much about it.

Hope you and family get feeling better soon !

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
        Assumptions have caused us a world of crap in this deal

I assume you’re right

Comment

Prayers spoken for you and your wife.

Comment

We think we had it back in early March. I was in Chicago and New York the week before. Testing was not available at that time to non healthcare workers or those not needing hospitalization. My wife has an antigen test scheduled next week.
            We don’t know our blood types. We’re both 40. She’s in good shape, works out, I could lose 30 pounds and have mild asthma. I had a much harder time and had 3-4 days that made me nervous. Felt like a ratchet strap around my chest. About a week of that time I was devoid of energy and short of breath. Felt better for a day or two, then it started up again.
            Took 3 plus weeks to get energy back and begin feeling better and probably 5-6 weeks to get energy levels back. Huge doses of vitamin C, zinc, seemed to help during the worst days. I had ibuterol inhaler/nebulizer on hand. It helped with immediate breathing problems, but I stayed sick.
            It’s no joke, and I wish I had some good advice. Kids all seems like they had coughs and colds a few days after our worst days. Thankful for friends who dropped off groceries when we were isolated.

Comment

With stories coming out you can catch it again I'm not sure antibody testing has any value.

I had to test for covid and it was negative. Been getting pressure to antibody test but just cant find the want to go do it

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by SmTx View Post
                With stories coming out you can catch it again I'm not sure antibody testing has any value.

I had to test for covid and it was negative. Been getting pressure to antibody test but just cant find the want to go do it

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
                I tested in April. Confirmed positive. Tested in May and confirmed negative, with positive antibody test.

Comment

Bunch of us at work got it right before it came out. I’m pretty sure we had it by the symptoms as they are described. It hit me for a couple of days with fever then a week of a dry cough it wasn’t too bad. Others were laid up and thought they were gonna die. I guess every one is different. Those that went to the doc all got different diagnosis anything from the flu to bronchitis.

Comment

One good friend of ours is in Austin. She lost her sense of taste and smell. First test was negative, and just received her 2nd test today which was positive. They just told her to quarantine and that was it. Our other friend just lost her sense of taste today and probably the same route. They just tell them all to rest and that is about it. Good luck and hopefully all ends well.

Comment

For you guys wanting to get tested fast. Go to the Walgreens site and look for a testing site near you. I've put several up in Texas and they use the Abbott test that give you the results in a few minutes. It's self administered as Matt said.

Hope everyone is does great. I'm just returned from Vegas and the plane was full of dumbash people not wearing mask. Keeping my fingers crossed I don't get infected.

Comment

I know one person that has had it. He is 40ish, moderately decent shape.....it was like having the flu for him. What is crazy is that his wife nor his two young daughters contracted it. He said the worst thing was being away from his family for 15 days and not getting to see them. For being so contagious, it is weird how this could happen. It doesnt seem to follow the rules, or at least those we have been warned about.

Comment

Me, wife, daughter and son all got it. I had next to no symptoms. Dry cough, mild sore throat, and a headache 1 day. Wife and daughter lost sense of smell and taste. Wife ran fever for 4 days. They all felt pretty bad for a few days but nothing serious. I ran the chainsaw and cut out roads, cut grass and anything else I could find to keep me busy. With the mild symptoms I had, I would have never gotten tested. But with everyone else in my house tested positive, I got the test

Comment

My daughter had it in March. Doc gave her hydroxycholorquine and z-pac, and her fever was gone in 24 hours. She felt normal 2 days later. I don't know if you can get a prescription for HCQ anymore, as it's been so politicized. But it worked for everybody that used it. If you can get an Rx for it, that would be good. Add zinc, as everybody has already said. I guess the tonic water might be next best thing if you can't get HCQ anymore. Would be worth a shot.

From everything I read, zinc is actually what stops the cytokine storm that CV causes. HCQ just helps get the zinc through the cell walls more efficiently so that it can stop the virus from replicating itself inside your body's cells.

Hope y'all get better soon, Matt!

Comment

Hope you get to feeling better. My brother got sick last Tuesday, and just came back positive for the corona virus

Comment

First off and most important, I hope all who have covid get through it OK, you are in my prayers and sorry for your suffering. Reading through this post has helped me learn some useful covid information, thanks to those who posted the info. I am surprised to read so many have or believe they have covid, seems like covid is really picking up speed how fast it is spreading in Texas. A shout out of thanks to Budman68, I went to the Walgreens site and learned quite a bit about covid I did not know. Most important, I learned how/where to get me, family, friends quickly tested in a close location.

Comment

Working...
                                X