Menard 2020-2021 Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Menard 2020-2021 Season

Saw the other Menard thread pop up and I figured it was time for a yearly thread for everyone to give their reports. Plus we needed somewhere for Gary to give us his rainfall updates. I put out cameras a couple weeks ago and we are excited to pull cards for the first time this year this weekend. Snakes have been out lately so everyone be careful. I killed 3 and my buddy killed one in our last two trips.

Rat snakes have been after my purple Martin's. Other than that 2 rattlers.

Comment

It’s looking good around us in menard. We a lot of doe, that are ready to drop fawns on the ground. Pulled cards this past weekend. Can’t what to see how many fawns we will have this year.

Comment

Thanks for starting. Turkey season was a bust, but excited for October. The ranches are in good shape and we should see above average racks if you have age on your bucks.
        Last edited by SV72; 06-02-2020, 02:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rustled Again View Post
          Rat snakes have been after my purple Martin's. Other than that 2 rattlers.
          Yes sir I was referring to the rattlers, we wouldn’t kill the others.

Comment

Came out to put up a stand and some feeders. It has greened up quite a volition in two weeks and the snakes are still out. Killed 2 three footers in the camp this evening.
            [IMG][/IMG]
            [IMG][/IMG]

Comment

Bumping this back up for us Menard hunters. Getting pretty dry out there but the deer look healthy, they are hitting protein pretty hard and cleaning up every feed from the corn feeders. Went out this weekend to do some work and play a little. Got some lights put up in camp, cooked a bacon wrapped stuffed backstrap, put a new door on my stand, got some bow stands up, had another driving lesson and enjoyed the river on Independence Day. Good friends, good family memories, God bless America!

[IMG] roll 2 dice[/IMG]
              [IMG] roll 2 dice[/IMG]

[IMG] roll 2 dice[/IMG]
              [IMG] roll 2 dice[/IMG]
              [IMG] roll 2 dice[/IMG]

Comment

Terry and I miss y’all!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by tonyterry View Post
                  Terry and I miss y’all!!!!
                  Us too bud, y’all getting any use out of those kayaks this summer?

Comment

Not yet I been sick, but it on now!!! Went down yesterday to fill protein feeders. Hot down there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

First setup is ready on my new lease South of Menard.

Comment

Spent a nice weekend at the lease. Didn’t get much work done, just enjoyed hanging out with friends and family celebrating the 4th. Spent all day Saturday sitting in the San Saba river at Beyer crossing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Heath View Post
                          First setup is ready on my new lease South of Menard.

Looks good Heath, you did an awesome job of brushing that blind in.

Comment

Originally posted by droebuck View Post
                            Looks good Heath, you did an awesome job of brushing that blind in.

Thanks. It still needs work. In the words of the famous TBHer Deerslayer, “when you are done brushing in a ground blind, step back and look cause you are only half way there.”

I need to find some good military netting in San Antonio.

Comment

Originally posted by Heath View Post
                              Thanks. It still needs work. In the words of the famous TBHer Deerslayer, “when you are done brushing in a ground blind, step back and look cause you are only half way there.”

I need to find some good military netting in San Antonio.
                              Who's ranch are you hunting? I know most everyone in Menard County, at least those who live here. If you need anything, let me know, maybe I can give you some direction.
                              Adios,
                              Gary

Comment

Working...
                              X