Flag Pole Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flag Pole Help

I am looking for a good flag pole for our yard. I’m thinking aluminum and would like to be able to fly two flags. Are the telescoping ones on eBay/amazon any good? What height do y’all recommend?

Originally posted by Justin Spies View Post
    I am looking for a good flag pole for our yard. I’m thinking aluminum and would like to be able to fly two flags. Are the telescoping ones on eBay/amazon any good? What height do y’all recommend?
    not sure about the height, but if you leave them up a night they have to be illuminated.

Comment

I used an aluminum 20’ pole for about 15 years until a hurricane took it down. It was not one of the actual telescoping poles but was in five 4 foot sections and about 25% the cost of a true telescoping pole.

Comment

I have the telescoping one. Works fine. Holds 2 flags. Even has a solar light on top.

.....and God Bless America.

Comment

Originally posted by JayB View Post
          I have the telescoping one. Works fine. Holds 2 flags. Even has a solar light on top.

Me 2

Comment

Originally posted by JayB View Post

Which height did you go with?

Comment

I bought that cheap 15’ from Home Depot lol shoved a piece of 1.5” pvc inside it and it works like a champ. Bends well when windy but it’s pretty stout

Comment

I think I bought mine at Lowes. Since the only flag I fly is an A&M flag I don't have to worry about illumination....

Comment

Which height did you go with?
                  Went with the 20 ft

Comment

My neighbor has an aluminum telescoping one....came with a free Trump flag....he loves it and it looks good.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

I have a 20' aluminum telescopic pole from www.uncommonflagpoles.com. I fly the American and Texas flag on it (led lit at night) . My only complaint is that I cant fly two flags half staff.
                      I can easily remove the flags, lower ther pole and even remove from the PVC sleeve it sits in if bad weather is coming.

Comment

Have a 20' telescoping ( maybe 22') I bought at the FWSS a few years back. Love it.

Comment

I bought a 35 foot (so it’s actually 40 something long) aluminum flagpole off Facebook marketplace for like 150 dollars. I threw in an extra 50 bucks for the fella to deliver it. He built a cradle in a 20 foot trailer and had it sticking up over his pickup. Was the most ghetto thing it the world and I would have never done it, but that’s why I paid the guy to deliver it.

All that to be said look on Facebook marketplace.

Comment

I've had the telescoping ones and won't do that again. The locking gizmos locked up and wouldn't release, so I've gone with a 25' sectional pole for the flag. It has held up to some high winds without bending. I bought mine on eBay.

The only thing I'd do different is buy a thicker piece of PVC to sink into concrete and ground. The one it came with is very thin walled.

Comment

Working...
                            X