Worm farm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Worm farm

Do any of yal farm worms? My wife wants to worm farm for garden purposes. But very few things around the house only serve 1 purpose.

I want worms for garden but also want for fishing. What type works best for fishing? Only type I know are night crawlers. I’m a salt water guy.

Night crawlers is all I've ever used, and they work just fine for me.

Comment

uncle jims has everything you need......https://unclejimswormfarm.com/

Comment

I dumped a couple of cartons of Walmart worms into my raised planters and them suckers are everywhere now. Nuttin better for good fish bait especially channel cat and crappie. When crappie are too finicky to bite jigs and minnows, drop you a big fat earthworm down there and feel the thump. I've also caught a many flatheads up to 31 lb on hand dug wild worms. Worms work best in running muddy water for catfish.

Comment

Cue up the worm farm idea from the movie Dumb and Dumber...

Comment

We always called them red wigglers.

Comment

Originally posted by hog_down View Post
              Cue up the worm farm idea from the movie Dumb and Dumber...

No, no, no, no, no Lloyd. No! I say we stay here, we hunt for jobs, and we keep saving our money for the worm store!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

My grandmother had about ten beds of red worms back in the early 70’s. Red worms and people stopped by all the time for bait.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Not that you'd want to farm them.... But a big ol grub as fish bait is better than most anything else.

Comment

A worm farm in California is a whole other kinda farm

Comment

Originally posted by waterdog View Post
                      This...……...

Comment

I just started one a couple of weeks ago. Got my worms from uncle Jim’s. The thing is they come kinda dry and starved down and will take a while to get big and repopulate. About 90 days. I didn’t know that at the time, so I went to wal mart and got some more red wigglers. Hoping to kinda give them a jump start. My luck I will start some kinda worm gang turf war. Lol.

Both of my grandads had worm beds when I was a kid. Until all this bull crap started, I never had time to do my own.

Comment

My uncle had a worm farm with rabbit cages over them. Worked great. We always had fresh rabbits to eat along with plenty of worms to go fish with.

Comment

Originally posted by waterdog View Post
                            I have a hard time clicking on a link called "Uncle Jim's worm farm".

Comment

Just start a compost pile.
                              Good for the garden, and paradise for worms.
                              Our is about 2yrds give or take, depending on what time of the year it is.
                              Probably no less than 10,000 worms in that thing.
                              They go into the garden by the 1000s, every time we add compost to it.

Comment

Working...
                              X