Service DEF System???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Service DEF System???

2016 Ram/Cummins threw a P207F code. I’m at 47k miles. I read it is under the 5 year/50k mike warranty. Anybody had this issue before? I also heard/read once those issues start they are more prone to happening again. Would I be better off deleting? I also know there’s an EGR flush required at around 70k miles that costs as much as the full delete kit. Just looking for anyone with first hand experience on this.

No help to you but I just bought a '19 ram dually and dont like hearing that!!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

I had the same issue, I believe it was the same code. DEF pump failure.

Comment

I just bought a 2019 megacab, I don't want any issues!

Comment

I drive a 17' deleted. I cant exactly recommend deleting todat though, and have specifically thought about getting back into an emissions intact truck.

Comment

If you delete it keep all the parts tagged and bagged in your shop. If you ever need to put it back on it would cost a bunch if you don’t have them.
            If you have the truck fixed by a capable technician you shouldn’t have any higher % of problems then when it was new.

Comment

Originally posted by 12RingKing View Post
              I had the same issue, I believe it was the same code. DEF pump failure.
              Covered by the dealer? How many miles when you experienced it?

Comment

Originally posted by TX03RUBI View Post
                I drive a 17' deleted. I cant exactly recommend deleting todat though, and have specifically thought about getting back into an emissions intact truck.
                Care to elaborate?

Comment

I would think at that mileage you should be covered.
                  I would love to delete my truck, but worry about future consequences.

Comment

My 2013 started showing that at about 78k. Mine was a bad catalytic converter. Under warranty to 75k. $2500 to replace it. I deleted mine. About 6 months later I get a recall to replace the convertor. Take yours to the dealer before warranty expires and get them to check it out. May have a recall that still covered.

Comment

They tend to be troublesome on trucks that are treated more as a mall crawler. My personal truck 2014, wife drives it 10 miles to work, shuts it off, drives around town at lunch on short trips, and drives back out to the house. It had the complete scr/dpf replaced twice under warranty at less than 60k miles. It also had the def nozzle and pump go out. Needless to say, it lost some weight when it was out of warranty. My service trucks, 2012 and 2016, both emissions intact, never had a problem. Loaded with utility bed, on highway 99% of the time, and pulling 10k plus often. At 190k on the 2016.

Comment

Drove to the dealer, they said the code is a stored code, not active. Also that DEF equipment is classified as electronics, not power train, therefore out of warranty coverage. They said drive it a while and see if the CEL clears. Drove about 40 miles, stopped and got new DEF. When I got back in the CEL was gone. Hopefully it stays that way.

Comment

I threw that code in my 2013. I was keeping the DEF tank topped off, but DEF goes bad as it gets older. Started only putting DEF in when I was almost out, haven't had a problem since.

Comment

Mine did it last year. 2016 ram. 2000$ to replace def pump or 1600$ to delete and tune. Guess which route I went? Delete and never worry again.

Comment

I had a similar issue on a 13 ram 2500. I was storing DEF bought at the pump in an older DEF jug and it sat in my shop for 6 months. I was low and put it in the truck before heading out on a travel trailer trip. Threw the same code as you stated. The DEF had degraded and was not as efficient as it was supposed to be. I ran it down to almost empty (was not affecting the running of my truck) filled back up with fresh DEF and cleared the code and it never came back on. I currently have a 2017 ram 3500 dully and have had no issues. Good luck.

Comment

Working...
                              X