1984 bdl 30-06

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1984 bdl 30-06

Any recommendations on factory ammo? I’ve shot 150 Core Lock and 150 Hornady AW and get 2” groups at 100 yards.

My 80’s 700 likes 150 grain Winchester silver tips. Mine is pretty consistent with 1” groups

Comment

Try some different gr bullets

Comment

I will say all my older Remington 700’s and a Model 7 have all really liked the old school Federal Premiums like Sierra Gameking BTSP

Comment

The blue box Federal from Wal Mart shoots pretty good in everything I have tried it in only used the the 243 100 grain on game deer and pigs worked just fine

Comment

My BDL 30-06 stacks up the plain Jane 165 core lokts

Comment

some Brand some load between 150g and 170g will step out and shoot way better..probably....Tighten screws and a clean barrel always help...

Comment

I reload so no factory here but my late 70’s model 700 appears to have a sweet spot for 165 gr bullets, 1” groups year after year,150’s shoot +/-2” groups. May try some 165’s.

Comment

Yup, another vote for the 165 gn stuff .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I have a late 80's and it shoots the 180gr Federal in a 1/2" group at 100 yards.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks for the help.

Comment

My ‘82 700 shoots fed fusions under an inch at 100. Haven’t tried silver tips yet. That’s next on the list. It shoots 180 gr core loks terrible but the 150s are on par with the fusion. Not a fan of the fusion on deer so far though.

Comment

My 83 likes the 180gr bullets

Comment

165 btsp Federal Premium

or I shot a couple with Hornady Match 168 gr BTHP that also did a good job

Comment

My 68 version liked it hot. We hand loaded. The loads we were running are considered over the limit by the newer hand loading reference books.

Comment

Working...
                              X