Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just talking, life is truly strange at times.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just talking, life is truly strange at times.

I have not posted much in the last couple of years. Dont really know why, but I've just not felt like posting. I've lurked and smiled a few times at some of the content on here, but just didnt feel like writing.

My uncle is in hospice. He most likely will not make it through the weekend. I had the opportunity to visit him several times in the last couple of months and I let other things get in the way. I'll regret that. I saw him tonight, but he is in a morphine induced state and not coherent. It hurts.

Two days ago I found out that I have a half brother. My dad fathered a child in high school and he was put up for adoption. He just found us through ancestry.com. Crazy. I talked to him last night for an hour. We have alot in common. He is 5 years older than me. It's nice to find him now, especially since his adoptive parents have been deceased for 14 years. I know he's been alone. I didnt realize how alone I was, until we talked. I guess I've always wanted a brother. It's just weird how it happened. I'm 48 years old and now the little brother, lmao.

Crazy week. Emotional week at that.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Sorry about your uncle and happy your brother found you.

Comment

Yes life never gets dull that's for sure!

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Comment

Wild week for sure Matt. Sorry to hear about your uncle.
        But cool you found a new family member.

Comment

Sweet!
          I hope everything works out for the best!

Comment

Life is crazy! We wake up in a new world everyday!

Comment

As we get older,things become clearer..I've had family members pass.Friends retire.Guys that I never saw as old,old..Sucks honestly.I refuse to be one of em[emoji846]

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Man reading this I went from something in my eye to a big smile across my face. Prayers for your family during this tough time. And congrats on your brother. . That’s really cool.

Comment

Prayers up for your Uncle and congrats on the Brother!

Comment

Thanks for sharing bud. Roller coaster of emotions for you. Glad to see you still around.

You shot me a few months ago going up 35 early one morning.

Comment

Sorry to hear about your Uncle.

Congrats on the half brother. I found out a number of years that another man was my father. I was able to track him down as well as his two other kids. The reception when I reached out to them was quite a bit more frosty than I had expected.

Comment

Sorry about your uncle and that situation. Very cool about your brother. I hope y’all stay in touch.

And yes, life is strange at times. I’ve experienced a few strange things lately. Mainly someone will be on my mind that I haven’t talked to in quite a while, and frankly, haven’t even thought about. Then guess what? Yep my phone rings that same day or a day later and it is that person.

I’m not sure if I believe that is a coincidence or not.

Comment

Good to see ya posting brother.

The cycle of life can kick ya in the britches sometimes, that for sure.

Pretty cool the brother...now live 48 (dang your old ) more years getting to know him.

Pray the family is all well...

Comment

I watched a movie the other night about Steve Gleason. He played for the Saints. He developed ALS and filmed the progression of the disease for his newborn son. Life is precious and can change so quickly.
                            So glad you found your brother and I’m sure if he was able your uncle would tell you not to beat yourself up. See him when you can.

Comment

Happy times, sad times, life is full of them.

Comment

Working...
                              X