Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crazy Carl got Smoked last night.

Video at bottom.....

Had a deer on the ranch that is old as dirt. He aint the most attractive deer either. He kinda has bug eyes and they are dark Black. But his Rack is pretty dang cool. Monster brows with a lopsided frame. This is the biggest he has been in the last 3 years and I suspect he is 9 or 10 years old. Texting cam shows him and about a gazillion other bucks hitting this feeder daily and staying a long time. So I was waiting for a NE wind which is perfect for this setup.

I slipped in about an hour before feeder time. Feeder goes off at 5:30 and it is like these deer wear watches. They know exctly when it is going to go off. 5 minutes before blastoff, I had a standing room only around pen. All just standing there waiting for the corn dispenser to let loose. Feeder throws and it packs up fast. I got Turkey, I got does, I got a bunch of bucks but Crazy Carl Has not shown his ugly face yet. I was watching the pen party when I looked out my left window. Carl was standing about 10 feet from my window staring at all the other deer eating. He finally committed and jumped in the pen. He did go to back side of feeder so it took about 15 minutes for me to get what I was looking for a shot opportunity. Too many deer in a pen and moving around the outside of the pen makes it tough.

What I found funny is that when I turned the cam on I was covered in Does right in front of blind. They were in the brush I was in eating the stray corn that flys out of the pen. When I decided to shoot, I cam to full draw and looked over to the LCD on the Camera. That is when I noticed the small doe at my window about 2 feet from it stairing at me. She saw me draw but had no clue what I was. So I just refocused on Carl and let it rip. Shot was exactly where I wanted to hit him. I knew it was over but watched the video back just to make sure.

This is the first deer I have shot with the Slick Trick Mechanicals. forgot what they are called but look good. I usually use a rage 2.3 cut or the trypans. There was zero blood in the pen or the whole trail to the deer. When I got to the buck he had a really big foam bubble on his side but none on ground or buffle grass leading to him. Nice size holes. Scratching my head on this one. Dead is dead, but had he run into some nasty stuff it may have made it harder to find. Anyway, here he is... Enjoy..

HERE IS THE VIDEO

http://youtu.be/CCmbecTRzis
    Last edited by Krivoman; 10-17-2019, 07:17 PM.

Ldps

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Congrats, nice deer

Comment

Congrats on a sure good looking buck!

Comment

Cool deer! Congrats

Comment

Cool buck. Congrats. You always make great shots!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

That is a cool rack.
              I'd stick with the Rage extremes I'd that is the case.

Gary

Comment

Very cool. Congratulations, Mitch! He's a buck chock full of character!

Comment

Nice buck Mitch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Congrats! That is nice

Comment

Nice buck congrats!

Comment

Congrats

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Man that deer is one ugly deer! Lol Great Buck!

Comment

Congrats Mitch. That is one long brow tine for sure.

Comment

Great buck. Congrats!

Couple of those young bucks are gonna be real interesting in a couple years!

Comment

Working...
                              X