Need help pinpointing scene in a war movie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need help pinpointing scene in a war movie

I'm about to describe a scene and I need yalls help figuring out what movie it came out of.
    I know of a guy (We shall call him Joe) that at least 95% of his "life stories" sound like they came straight out of a movie, especially one of them.
    He tells of a story where he was over seas in combat when they got ambushed and surrounded. He was in charge of his squad but they had an extra guy with them (I cant remember if he said he was from another unit or what). So they are making their way through this abandoned building when the "extra guy" pokes his head up to look out of a window. Joe grabs him by the collar and slams him to the ground and informs him that he will take him out before he allows him to give away their position and put his men in danger. Well the rookie/extra guy pokes his head out the window again and ol Joe had to pop him with his .45 and leave him lay. Ol Joe adds to the story by saying he ran into the guys widow a couple years later...sounds legit...right?
    I'm thinking American Sniper but cant find the scene. Any of this horse feces sound familiar?

disclaimer...all names have been changed to protect the Elite Specials Ops

Not American Sniper

Comment

How old is Joe? The military hasn't issued .45s in quite some time... unless Joe was a Air Navy Ranger Spec Ops Delta SEAL... probably Space Force too.

I love those guys, I use to work with one, he did at least 5 lifetimes full of elite ninja ranger mission impossible stuff before he was 30 years old. I have to wonder if they believe their own BS

Can't be American Sniper though, literally everything he said was 100% truthful and not exaggerated or entirely made up at all. Especially the stuff he did when he came back to the states, but that's a whole 'nother story. lol

Comment

Don’t poke the bear?

Comment

Joe is @50. I believe he said it was in Iraq

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

so your buddy "joe" killed a fellow american soldier?
            I'd be finding new friends either way.

Comment

Does he have a story about being in the central america jungles on some super secret squirrel mission and working with a CIA agent named "Spook" too?

My guy loved to tell that one, I'm pretty sure he got all "war stories" from movies and books too.

These guys have some really weird psychological issues going on... I've known several of them. I find them really fascinating in a strange way

They are always guys who haven't really ever done anything in their lives but they all have amazing back stories of all the stuff they did that never really add up and they always double down if you call them on it. I just about guarantee you if you find out what movie this is from and point it out to him he'll crawfish around it and might even claim that was inspired by his heroic actions of killing another soldier to "save his squad"
              Last edited by Jspradley; 10-15-2019, 10:49 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jspradley View Post
                Does he have a story about being in the central america jungles on some super secret squirrel mission and working with a CIA agent named "Spook" too?

My guy loved to tell that one, I'm pretty sure he got all "war stories" from movies and books too.

He did knock Tuff Hedeman over a table in a bar back in his rodeo days over a woman.

Comment

Originally posted by Backwoods101 View Post
                  He did knock Tuff Hedeman over a table in a bar back in his rodeo days over a woman.
                  He was in the rodeo too? Dang what a Bad-A!

I never thought about that, I bet there's a bunch of "That Guy" in TX who claim to be in the rodeo too. lol

Comment

if what he says in not really believable or he has too many stories, I just would not pay attention, there are a lot of people like that...I doubt I would continue hanging out with him too long....

Comment

So in order for him to keep the soldier from giving away their position by looking out a window, he shot him with a .45? That wouldn't give away their position???

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
                        So in order for him to keep the soldier from giving away their position by looking out a window, he shot him with a .45? That wouldn't give away their position???
                        Haha!! My exact thought when reading that.

Comment

It was silenced, duh! Loaded with teflon coated armor piercing Black Talons too, no doubt

Comment

One would think so [emoji28]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Now, don't go tryin' to rationalize the irrational...............

Comment

Working...
                              X