2 pigs...1 arrow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2 pigs...1 arrow

I wasn't able to go hunting opening weekend so I went on my day off earlier this week. Unfortunately I had already moved my pop-up blind for a north wind and there was a SE wind that day. So I had to head out early and do a quick setup with my rhino 200 between two small mesquites. I quickly anchored the blind and threw a good amount of hand corn 25 yards away.

A little before 7am I could hear what sounded like distant thunder followed by low lengthy growls of hogs. As they got closer I started seeing their silhouettes through the mesh window one right after the other to my back right side as they headed to the feeder. (You can see in the first pic when they show up.)

My feeder still hadn't gone off yet so they started chomping down on the hand corn I threw. Let me tell you, those corn vaccums finished all of it in 30-45sec. The sun was already coming up but I didn't feel comfortable taking a shot yet cuz it was still a little dark. Well once they finished the hand corn they took off. About 5min later my feeder went off and they soon returned. By that time I was able to see them better. I picked the hog that was closest to me and let the arrow fly. I saw my nocturnal sail, hit, dance around, then fly out and hit the ground. (You can see in the second pic my nocturnal to the right of the t post after the shot.)

I waited for about an hour until I got out of the pop up. I looked at the arrow and it had good blood on it. I followed the blood trail and it lead me to a 70lb boar with a cara cara already standing next to it. As i dragged the hog back to the feeder i noticed blood on the opposite side of the feeder. I thought i had wounded a hog, but as I followed that blood trail it was evident that it might have been a lethal hit. Sure enough 80yds away I could see another hog laying down!

Overall a good start for my hunting season (2:1). I'm looking forward to seeing what the rest of my season has in store. Thanks for your time. Good luck to everyone this season!
    Attached Files

That’s crazy awesome!!! Way to go!!!

Comment

Can’t beat a shot like that. Lol

Congrats on the bow kills.

Comment

Nice job

Comment

Very cool congrats

Comment

Nice!

Comment

Congrats

Comment

Awesome dude congrats

Comment

How cool!!! my wife shot 2 in one shot with a gun. So that don't count. Were did you hit the 2nd one?

Comment

And you were able to retrieve the arrow too. Congrats!

Comment

Congrats

Comment

Originally posted by Paycheck View Post
                        How cool!!! my wife shot 2 in one shot with a gun. So that don't count. Were did you hit the 2nd one?
                        They were both double lung. One was at a quartering angle the other was broadside. The shot i took was at the broadside shot. Both pigs were of similar height and size.

Comment

Great job
                          It’s easier with a rifle, but two clean kills with an arrow is awesome.

Comment

Heck yeah! I try and try to line two up and can never get it right lol. Congrats!

Comment

Nice! Good start I'd say

Comment

Working...
                              X