It's his turn now! My boy!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's his turn now! My boy!

So our family is very patriotic. Many in our history have served this great nation in our military. As many of you know, I was in the Marine Corps from '99-'04. My nephew made the ultimate sacrifice in 2011, giving his life while serving in the Army in Afghanistan. He was shot and killed in an ambush. Staff Sgt. Houston Taylor was his name. We have known that my son would some day join the military since he was a young boy. As long as I can remember, it's been something he felt a duty to do. When his older cousin, who he looked up to a great deal, was killed my son was 11 years old. This only made his desire to serve stronger. On the day we buried Houston, my son looked at me and said "When my time comes and I'm old enough, I'm going to take his place."

Well that time has come. Last Sunday we dropped our son off at the recruiter's office to see him off to boot camp. The next morning, they had him up at 0400 hrs to ship out to MCRD (Marine Corps Recruit Depot) San Diego. I couldn't be more proud that he has followed through with choosing to serve his country. Now, let's hope all goes well at boot camp and he makes it through on time with no injuries or other delays. Graduation day is scheduled for July 12th. Plane tickets bought, hotel and rental car paid for!

He chose a Marine Security Forces contract.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20190420_182233-502x892.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	40.6 KB
ID:	25174478
    Seeing him off!

Semper Fi. Glad he's carrying on the tradition.

Comment

Congrats to him, you, and all your family. Thanks for the service. You must be awfully proud!

Comment

Thank your son for his dedication and commitment to our country and Thank You to you and your family for raising a fine young man. I deeply admire your family and your son!

Comment

Heck of a choice that I always wanted to make but when the rubber hit the road couldn't make the sacrifice. Thank you Brad, Houston, and your son for your service!

Comment

Much respect! Safe travels and good luck young man.

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

Great deal. He will do just fine

Comment

Proud dad!

Comment

I sleep under a blanket of security that he and men like him provide. I sleep **** well and am forever in debt. Thank you and thank your son for your service and he'll be in my prayers tonight when I go to bed....where I'll sleep even better knowing we still have strong young men taking up the cause.

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

Congrats to your son. I am grateful for all your family has done to serve.
                      Thank you.

Comment

Thank y'all both!

Comment

Congratulations, you should be very proud of him and how you and your wife raised him. He looks like a fine young man, he’ll make you proud I’m sure.

Comment

Aw, man! This brings a tear to my eye!

What a fine young man you have apparently raised. Prayer go with him for his safety.

Comment

That’s awesome!
                              Thank you for raising such a fine young man, and thank you both for your service.
                              As Curt said, I am forever in debt.
                              God bless you and your family.

Comment

Working...
                              X