Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fitfort action cam on an external battery test....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fitfort action cam on an external battery test....

I was working out in the shop all day, cleaning, shooting, building stuff etc and I decided to do a trial run with my Fitfort and external battery since turkey season is almost upon us north zoners. I will do a stock battery test tomorrow since many of us had bought them and wanted to know both. I am thinking with the reviews I am going to have to use an external for my archery turkey hunting over decoys so I did the external test first. I need 3-4 hours minimum of battery time per hunt and I hear the stock batteries give you 1.5-2.5. Now this is an idle time test with only a few minutes of recording just like a regular self filmed hunt. The camera is 14 yards away from me, the camera is on, the camera wifi is on and my app is connected to the camera wifi.

So...I have a 10,000mah external battery charger for my cell I paid $10 for on Amazon and the USB w/mini USB cord that comes with the camera. The external battery is like 3"x 5.5". I cut out the side of an extra waterproof case over the charger port and hooked it up. I also took the time and drilled out a hole over the microphone since some said the case muffled the volume. Setting it about 14 yards from my shop table, I went to working and shooting, stopping every hour to pop open the screen app on my phone and hit record to test. I was pleasantly surprised it all worked for a long time. One time my phone did kick me off the Action cam wifi and back to my house wifi... but a simple click back to wifi settings and the app was showing my view again. Took all of 5 seconds So for 5 hours today I was able to run the Fitfort, access the app via the phones wifi and record multiples times. After all that I still have 3/4 charge on my external and the stock battery is at full charge. For setting on the ground or wrapped around the legs of a feeder to control and video backside views, I'm happy with what I have seen so far. I'll be testing it for sure in the field during our 3/30 turkey opener.

It works on the same concept as your cell phone with the external so it keeps the batteries charged with a lot in reserve. I was happy to see that the camera could and did stay on as well as the app being accessible at a moments notice when a shot presented itself.

Anyway several folks asked for some external battery results so there they are.

Cut out to my case for the external plug

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8070.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	104.6 KB
ID:	25172662

Over mic to improve sound

Name:	IMG_8074.jpg
Size:	76.7 KB
ID:	25172663

Camera with the external

Name:	IMG_8071.jpg
Size:	78.6 KB
ID:	25172664

3 out of 4 after 5 hours use...

Name:	IMG_8075.jpg
Size:	105.5 KB
ID:	25172665
    Last edited by Smart; 03-16-2019, 05:59 PM.

Only thing I would recommend is getting a cord with a 90 degree connector where it hooks up to your camera. The weight of the plug on the one you are using will destroy the connector inside the camera eventually. Believe me, I know...LOL. Been using an external on mine for years. Only way to go.

Comment

can you post info on extra battery n cables? just got my
      fitfort Friday. fly to Honduras next Thursday. ))

Comment

Originally posted by fishfeeder01 View Post
        can you post info on extra battery n cables? just got my

fitfort Friday. fly to Honduras next Thursday. ))

The cable comes with it. It’s the charging cable with the USB end. The battery is a typical Amazon bought external battery for a cell phone. Something like this. I’d recommend at least 10000 mah.

10000mAh Cell Phone External Battery Pack, Portable Phone Charger Power Bank 5V 2.4A Compatible with iPhone 6/6s/7/8/X/XS/XR iPad Electric Heated Vest Samsung and Other Smart Devices, Black https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07H87HKKM..._-J96CbTVN6J8B

Comment

Working...
        X