X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Daily Bible Portion (Friday)

Daily Bible Portion - 6 of 7
    "COMMAND"

(Weekly Reading>>Leviticus 6:8-8:36, Jeremiah 7:21- 8:3; 9:22-23, Hebrews 13:10-16, 1 Timothy 2:1-8, Romans 12:1-2)

The New Zealand Meat Board

About thirty years ago the Meat Board of New Zealand made an agreement with Iran to help boost their export sales. At the time European markets were slow and Iran was looking for a halal approved meat source. New Zealand, from an economic and business standpoint, decided they would be a good match and offered their services. The farmers had little choice. The Board agreed to supply Iran 200,000 tons of lamb over a four year period and began converting freezers for licensed halal slaughtering. Iran in turn sent Moslem slaughter men to New Zealand. When Iran failed in their financial obligations, the Meat Board exported halal meat to other Moslem countries in the Middle East, Africa and Asia. New Zealand is one of the largest exporters of halal lamb and beef in the world today.

Scripture warns against slaughtering animals to false gods. The Meat Board used legal authority to institutionalized idolatry through the means of a levy required by the farmer on all meat for export. This action perpetuated the infrastructure for the New Zealand Meat Board while eliminating trade barriers to promote New Zealand beef and sheep meat. Since initiating the program New Zealand has suffered setbacks with farmers needing subsidies to keep their industry viable, notwithstanding the severe droughts they have had to endure. 2013 was reported the worst drought in thirty years. Young people have left the country in droves in search for a better life.

When a people submit to a religion, they give that religion authority over them. God warns us not to mix with other religions and their practices or curses will come upon us and overtake our land. Making them the head and us the tail. Them lending to us rather than us lending to them.

Deuteronomy 28:15-16, 20-22 "But it shall come to pass, if you do not obey the voice of Yahweh your God, to observe carefully all His commandments and His statutes which I command you today, that all these curses will come upon you and overtake you: 'Cursed shall you be in the city, and cursed shall you be in the country. Yahweh will send on you cursing, confusion, and rebuke in all that you set your hand to do, until you are destroyed and until you perish quickly, because of the wickedness of your doings in which you have forsaken Me. Yahweh will make the plague cling to you until He has consumed you from the land which you are going to possess. Yahweh will strike you with consumption, with fever, with inflammation, with severe burning fever, with the sword, with scorching [droughts], and with mildew; they shall pursue you until you perish.'"

This is the background behind God commanding us to clean our land as written in Joshua 3:10,

"And Joshua said, 'By this you shall know that the living God is among you, and that He will without fail drive out from before you the Canaanites and the Hittites and the Hivites and the Perizzites and the Girga****es and the Amorites and the Jebusites." (Joshua 3:10).

This is very important as we committed our hearts and minds solely unto God. What we put into our bodies by way of thought, deed, action or even in the associations we have is the key to the priesthood of Jesus. His priesthood will be a holy priesthood that serves Him in His Holy House/Tabernacle. If the intended bride of Jesus incurs fat or that which produces fat in her body or eats blood in her food or has food offered to idols we must ask ourselves: "Is this the bride the Groom will return for?" We will see how important this issue is as we continue through the book of Leviticus. The very fact that every time fat and blood are mentioned, the instructions for the priesthood are listed right afterward. In Leviticus these two teachings go hand in hand and become a pattern throughout the book. We will learn that there is a correlation between examining what we put into our minds and mouths and the priesthood of Jesus.

Malachi 4:4-6 "Remember the Law of Moses, My servant, which I commanded him in Horeb for all Israel, with the statutes and judgments. Behold, I will send you Elijah the prophet before the coming of the great and dreadful day of Yahweh. And he will turn the hearts of the fathers to the children, and the hearts of the children to their fathers, lest I come and strike the earth with a curse."

continued tomorrow...
Working...
X