Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any Winchester Model 70 Fans In Here? Post them up.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had mine rebarreled.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by bowaddict40 View Post
      I just bought a Winchester 70 XTR in 222. Not sure what I will ever use it for but I bought it anyway. May never even shoot it.

[ATTACH]947576[/ATTACH]
      Beautiful Rifle

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
      The old .264

The .257 Rob

Originally posted by sendit View Post
      Not a M70 fan but my wife is very very very attached to her 257 Roberts Featherweight. I'd be in big trouble if anything happened to it if it was my fault.

That .257 Roberts is a looker. Would make a great partner with my recent purchase.

Comment

Top one is a pre-64 featherweight, that sucker been all over western US. The middle one, 243, I built for the kids, great gun. The last one I’m not sure what I’m going to do with, it’s a 300 WSM and thought about building a light mountain rifle. I somehow fell into the model 70 over the years.

Comment

.243 I don't know the year on, .308 from 1977 and .225 Winchester from 1965.

Comment

I've had two model 70's. The first one was when they came back out with controlled round feed. Model 70 in 7mag is what I had. Killed a Dall sheep in the NWT with it, a huge bobcat and several whitetail before a friend wanted it ore than I did, so I sold it to him.

My other Model 70 is Featherweight in .257 Roberts. It's a critter killing machine.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0556.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	201.9 KB
ID:	24571990

Comment

Don't have any readily available pics but both my dad and I have a 270 featherweight. By far my favorite rifle I own.

Comment

I’ve got 2, one CRF Featherweight Classic .308 and one CRF Classic Sporter in 25-06.

Comment

I only have one Winchester model 70 and it is a 375 H&H that was built in 1965. It is in pristine condition and a real tack driver. Wish I had a picture of it to post but unfortunately I don't.

Comment

My favorite bolt gun ever made. Left to right: XTR Featherweight in .270; left hand super grade in .270; left hand in 7mm WSM; left hand classic stainless in 300 win mag. Also have a right handed model 70 extreme weather in .270. Can u guess my favorite caliber?

Click image for larger version

Name:	FA33F67B-8302-4D75-8829-E9308BE73817.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	70.8 KB
ID:	24572008
                    Last edited by Hunteraudit; 02-28-2019, 02:27 PM.

Comment

M70 .270

Mines a killer. Dad gave it to me about 11 years ago. Not sure how old it is. I know my dad bought it for $400 18 years ago. I'll pass it down one day.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

Got two of them. Just picked up a 1965 from another member on here. And got a 1967 from my grandfather many many years ago. Both in '06.

I'ma interested in M70's from '65-'69 and 30-06. But might look at other calibers too.

Comment

I Inherited two pre 64’s when my grandfather passed. One is a featherweight 308 that I took to Africa last year and the other is a 220 swift.

Comment

M70

I have a Model 70 Lightweight in 30-06. Saved up money from mowing neighborhood yards (and maybe with a little help from my Pops) and bought it brand new in 1994 when I was 12. Topped it off with a Tasco World Class 3-9x40 and I was in high cotton! Took my first deer ever the following season when I was 13. That doe was my first "Trophy" and I'll never forget it. Since then I have upgraded the glass a couple times and currently is topped with a Zeiss Conquest HD5. I've taken numerous animals since then and have bought, sold, traded 20+ other rifles, but 9 out of 10 times I'll reach for old faithful when its time!
                            Attached Files

Comment

Here’s my new M70 featherweight in 300WM (far left obviously)

Have yet to shoot it, will soon. Special to me because 3 good friends of mine surprised me with it after I graduated paramedic school.

Comment

M70 FWT in .22-250, my used-to-be go-to hog slayer.

Comment

Working...
                                X