What was I thinking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What was I thinking

I went today & looked a few guns with the sole intent to get 6.5 grendel. I had been wanting a big bore but couldn’t justify the price of ammo. Went into the local gun store & low & behold the first gun that caught my eye was 224. I’ve been wanting one but couldn’t find one at a decent price. Needless to say I walked out with it. It’s a Radical Firearms with a 22” barrel. Picked up 3 boxes of Federal 75gt TMJ to break it in this weekend, then I’ll find out what other ammo it likes.

Congrats. Now go get the Grendel as well. Can never have too many guns!

Comment

I've been wanting a 224 just haven't pulled the trigger.

Comment

Nice, let us know how you like it. When the 224 first came out I was intrigued, after seeing reviews citing accuracy issues and poor brass life I decided to hold off.

Comment

I love my 224 V, it is very accurate with both factory and handloads. When I go to the range next I will post the results

Comment

Originally posted by lbbf View Post
            Congrats. Now go get the Grendel as well. Can never have too many guns!
            I just talked to a guy last about ordering one. So....

Comment

Originally posted by nativeaustin View Post
              I've been wanting a 224 just haven't pulled the trigger.
              I looked at them several times & read all about them. Just never committed. Can’t wait to put some range time on it.

Comment

Originally posted by 257 View Post
                I love my 224 V, it is very accurate with both factory and handloads. When I go to the range next I will post the results
                What rifle is it & what factory loads are you ahooting? I’m interested in the pictures.

Comment

My Grendel is a Radical. Really enjoying it and waiting on 224 to be finished...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I got to shoot the 224 yesterday. I like it so far. Got it zeroed with 75gr tmj ammo. Then shot it for a base line group size, I did nothing to it. Loaded it & shot it 108yrds it shot moa. I was shooting off the front of my Jeep with a bipod & trigger that’s long & feels like your dragging gravel. Cleaned up the trigger today, took some travel out of it & gonna try to shoot tomorrow & see what happens. I think I may try a spring kit next & see before I spend money on another trigger.

Comment

I didn’t get to shoot today but I did get a cmc 3.5lb single stage trigger for it today & ordered some Hornady Black in 75gr BTHP & some Hornady ELD Match in 88gr. The trigger feels awesome can’t wait to shoot it now.

Comment

I put a CMC trigger in my LR 308 and my groups almost shrunk in half. BIG difference to me!

Comment

I was intrigued when it first came out. The interest has steadily died as time goes on. A 22 Grendel would be better. Or a 6mm Grendel

Comment

Shot a little bit this evening. In low light, man that single stage trigger is hard to get use to. 75gr TMJ’s the best I’ve done so far is right at an 1”. I’ve got some Hornady Black 75gr BTHP coming & some 88gr ELD Match they should be here tomorrow.

Comment

Working...
                            X