Texas Judge Lets Church Shooting Victims Sue Gun Retailer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Texas Judge Lets Church Shooting Victims Sue Gun Retailer

A judge has ruled that victims of a mass shooting at a Texas church can move forward with a lawsuit against a sporting goods chain where the gunman bought the weapon and ammunition used in the massacre.

The decision Monday by state District Judge Karen Pozza in San Antonio clears the way for families of the 2017 Sutherland Springs shooting to potentially bring their case against Academy Sport & Outdoors before a jury. The retailer is where gunman Devin Kelley bought an assault-style rifle used in the church shooting that killed more than two dozen people.

IIRC, Academy ran the NICS background check and Kelley was approved. The dude obviously had mental issues along with domestic assault which is why he was dishonorably discharged from the US Air Force. The USAF failed to notify / update the current system and Kelley passed through the cracks. I don't see how Academy can be held liable for a Gov't screwup

https://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Te...505316271.html

Yeah no need to worry about left-wing idealogy in TX anytime soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post
      Yeah no need to worry about left-wing idealogy in TX anytime soon.
      Oh yeah, its here.

Comment

San Antonio is all you need to know about that judge.

Comment

No surprise really——coming out of San Antonio isn’t much different than Austin. IIRC didn’t that shooter get gunned down by some civilian fellas?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I have to agree with Cajun, but then again I have the ability to use what used to be known as common sense, which apparently is no longer common to a large percentage of the masses.
            Not sure how one can hold a retailer liable if they followed protocol. Sorry for all the families involved there, but I don't think the blame is Academy.

Comment

Originally posted by redfishted View Post
              San Antonio is all you need to know about that judge.
              Originally posted by Dry Bones View Post
              I have to agree with Cajun, but then again I have the ability to use what used to be known as common sense, which apparently is no longer common to a large percentage of the masses.
              Not sure how one can hold a retailer liable if they followed protocol. Sorry for all the families involved there, but I don't think the blame is Academy.

The female Judge is a registered Democrat and sits on the bench in San Antonio. Given her rationale, shouldn't she be held accountable and sued if she pardons a criminal from prison who then commits a murder ?

Comment

Its the governments fault. The Air Force failed

Comment

to report the crime of him fracturing his babys skull during a rage

Comment

Nobody wants to hear this but Texas is a changin...

Comment

The butthead that hit me last time was driving a Ford. I'm gonna sue Ford for emotional distress. I'm gonna be rich!!!

Comment

Betty Crocker caused my high blood pressure, obesity, and nighttime snoring. I'm gonna sue!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Cajun Blake View Post
                          The female Judge is a registered Democrat and sits on the bench in San Antonio. Given her rationale, shouldn't she be held accountable and sued if she pardons a criminal from prison who then commits a murder ?

Sure would make sense but government is exempt apparently.
                          How many times have we seen them drop the ball and be the reason something was allowed to happen resulting in dead citizens.

Comment

Originally posted by Cajun Blake View Post

Why yes, yes she should

So when will the first suit of a carmaker be for selling a vehicle to someone who drove drunk and injured/killed someone?

Stupid democrats

Comment

The system doesn't work as designed anyway. Out of the thousands of people who have been turned down to buy firearms only a handfull have been prosecuted. I'm betting the "family" will not win this lawsuit. A passable lawyer can easily show that Academy jumped through the hoops and did everything right.

As an afterthought, anybody who tries to profit from a tragedy such as this is a no account grifter who probably knew more about the shooter's mental state than anybody else, yet did nothing.
                              Last edited by Drycreek3189; 02-04-2019, 09:51 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X