Brute/Bison cooler latch replacement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brute/Bison cooler latch replacement

A while back before they changed their name, Brute sent me some replacement latches for my cooler. I went to replace them but I have no idea how. There’s a Phillips head screw on each side of that I removed, but nothing happened. I thing there’s a rod that runs the length of the front that keeps them in place.

Anyone replaced them before?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

*latch, not larch. [emoji57]

Comment

I looked at my Brute coolers, Leon, and while I did not remove the Phillips screws, I think you probably need a punch to push the rod out enough and then pull it from the other end enough to replace the rubber lartches . Then push the pin/rod back and replace the screws.

It is not as difficult as building a fighter plane, but I bet you can figure it out! If you can't, call Geezy Rider!

Comment

I’ve replaced both mine and the long Philip screw was what held the latch in?

Comment

Originally posted by bowpro12 View Post
          I’ve replaced both mine and the long Philip screw was what held the latch in?

No. It’s about 3/4” long.

Comment

I replaced mine and it's just a pin basically. I pried it out a little if I remember and then just pulled it out with pliers. It was a year or so ago that I did it but that's what I remember anyhow

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Happy to help out here. We switched from a the set screw/rod combination to a single pin design a few years back. To install the new latches, you'll basically just need to tear/cut your existing latches all the way off. You can remove your phillips screw and then use needle nose pliers to slide the rod out.

When installing the new latches, you'll just want to make sure the pin is aligned with the holes in the latches before using a hammer. You should be ale to push them through by hand then hammer the last remaining portion. Thanks!

Comment

Where is a good store to get plugs for a Gen 1.

Comment

Working...
                X