Reply
Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Around the Campfire
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-29-2017, 03:37 PM   #1
DapperDan
Pope & Young
 
DapperDan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Tomball Tx
Hunt In: Texas
Default Easton axis vs Easton full metal jacket

So, I'm shooting easton axis. Thinking of making the switch. I like the idea of a little heavier arrow however I've thought about increasing the foc of the axis and sticking with them. Not sure what to do.... I like shooting out to 80 yards on targets so I'd like to make sure what ever I do I have an extremely accurate arrow.

Side note, debating on getting the tools to cut and build my own arrows. The thought is that I may be able to be more precise and get a more accurate arrow and a batch of arrows that are more consistent in the batch.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
DapperDan is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-29-2017, 03:44 PM   #2
220swift
Ten Point
 
220swift's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: New Braunfels
Hunt In: South, East, and Central Texas
Default

I used to be a big FMJ fan. I still really am, but they bend very easily and then you lose accuracy. They may look straight, but they can bend very slightly and you are done.
220swift is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-29-2017, 03:47 PM   #3
Jeremy7306
Pope & Young
 
Jeremy7306's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Burleson,TX
Hunt In: Whitney, Anywhere I can find
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 220swift View Post
I used to be a big FMJ fan. I still really am, but they bend very easily and then you lose accuracy. They may look straight, but they can bend very slightly and you are done.


This. You won't think their bent but they can be! I shot FMJs for years. Good arrows but I'm glad I switched. Went to gold tips.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Jeremy7306 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-29-2017, 04:02 PM   #4
DapperDan
Pope & Young
 
DapperDan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Tomball Tx
Hunt In: Texas
Default

Well, good info so far.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
DapperDan is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-29-2017, 04:09 PM   #5
Daniel75
Pope & Young
 
Daniel75's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Fort Worth
Hunt In: Red River County & Atoka Co Oklahoma
Default

They bend but they fly like darts and make your bow really quiet. It's not like they bend easily in my experience but YMMV. Blew right through the buck I shot last year and ended up 20+ yards beyond him. I spined another doe before that and it went about 18" past the spine . The other ones I've spined have stopped at the spine with most of the arrow showing. I say that to say they penetrate like crazy but the tradeofd is they are likely to bend in some situations.
Daniel75 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-29-2017, 05:09 PM   #6
Buck Slayer
Ten Point
 
Buck Slayer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Waller, TX
Hunt In: Refugio, Tx
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel75 View Post
They bend but they fly like darts and make your bow really quiet. It's not like they bend easily in my experience but YMMV. Blew right through the buck I shot last year and ended up 20+ yards beyond him. I spined another doe before that and it went about 18" past the spine . The other ones I've spined have stopped at the spine with most of the arrow showing. I say that to say they penetrate like crazy but the tradeofd is they are likely to bend in some situations.
So if bending is the issue and a heavier arrow is wanted, is there not another quality arrow that one could get which is heavier?
Buck Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-29-2017, 05:11 PM   #7
Daniel75
Pope & Young
 
Daniel75's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Fort Worth
Hunt In: Red River County & Atoka Co Oklahoma
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck Slayer View Post
So if bending is the issue and a heavier arrow is wanted, is there not another quality arrow that one could get which is heavier?


Any arrow that has the same GPI will weigh the same and if it's carbon, it won't bend. I just prefer aluminum. Easier to pull from foam too.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Daniel75 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-29-2017, 05:12 PM   #8
DapperDan
Pope & Young
 
DapperDan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Tomball Tx
Hunt In: Texas
Default

And the above mentioned comments is what adds to my confusion.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
DapperDan is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-29-2017, 05:19 PM   #9
Buck Slayer
Ten Point
 
Buck Slayer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Waller, TX
Hunt In: Refugio, Tx
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DapperDan View Post
And the above mentioned comments is what adds to my confusion.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Precisely, I don't really understand the purpose of going with the axis then? For ease of target removal? I think I'd rather just go with a heavier carbon and never look back.
Buck Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-29-2017, 05:38 PM   #10
TexasTealHunter
Ten Point
 
TexasTealHunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: DFW
Hunt In: North / Central Texas
Default

I went from FMJ to axis, like the axis better smoother and quicker but killed more with the FMJ... only because i had more opportunities haha

second that the FMJs will bend but not until bad o rmissed shot, mine stay in case so never had issue with until what i mentioned.
TexasTealHunter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-29-2017, 06:29 PM   #11
Abcdj
Pope & Young
 
Abcdj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: The Can & Brenham
Hunt In: Wilbarger county U.S.A.
Default

I use easton bowfire's and really like them. Shot plenty of critters with them. Sorry to add to the confusion.
Abcdj is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-29-2017, 06:38 PM   #12
JWF
Ten Point
 
JWF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: West, Tx
Hunt In: San Saba and Gillespie counties
Default

I am in the exact same boat as OP. In for more info
JWF is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-29-2017, 06:44 PM   #13
muddyfuzzy
Pope & Young
 
muddyfuzzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: gulf coast
Hunt In: Parts Unknown
Default Easton axis vs Easton full metal jacket

The FMJ is great for increasing mass weight and building momentum all else being equal. The Axis will build more FOC due to the lighter GPI. If increasing mass weight is still desired then dropping down a spine rating and increasing tip weight is an option as well. The FMJ can take a bend, just something to think about.

Both are quality shafts and great building components. Personally I would prefer to build on the Axis platform unless building a really heavy arrow is the intention.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by muddyfuzzy; 06-29-2017 at 06:46 PM.
muddyfuzzy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-29-2017, 06:49 PM   #14
Laner7
Eight Point
 
Laner7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Upton county
Default

Love my fmj's. I have had a few bend after going through deer and javelinas and hitting rocks and caliche, but still wouldn't trade them. They have been very accurate for me and have had a pass through on all of the animals I have shot, except for one deer.
Laner7 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-29-2017, 07:35 PM   #15
DapperDan
Pope & Young
 
DapperDan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Tomball Tx
Hunt In: Texas
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by muddyfuzzy View Post
The FMJ is great for increasing mass weight and building momentum all else being equal. The Axis will build more FOC due to the lighter GPI. If increasing mass weight is still desired then dropping down a spine rating and increasing tip weight is an option as well. The FMJ can take a bend, just something to think about.

Both are quality shafts and great building components. Personally I would prefer to build on the Axis platform unless building a really heavy arrow is the intention.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So school me on foc with the axis. I pull 70 lbs, 27 1/2 draw, Mathews no cam htx. I have blazers, nocturnals, standard insert, 100 grain tip, 5mm shaft diameter and 340 spine. Getting 280 fps. Shooting standard 1 inch slick tricks.



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
DapperDan is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-29-2017, 07:40 PM   #16
kd350
Ten Point
 
kd350's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: houston
Hunt In: Regan wells, fedor, paige
Default

I'd stick with the axis or get muddyfuzzy to build you some black eagles

The fmjs bend too easy, when your like me and shoot random stuff like coons and squirrels you go through a lot of arrows quick
kd350 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-29-2017, 07:50 PM   #17
DapperDan
Pope & Young
 
DapperDan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Tomball Tx
Hunt In: Texas
Default

So here is a thought, what if I buy the things needed to build my own arrows??? I guess I could build them the way I want. But I'm a big dummy on foc. Lol


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
DapperDan is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-29-2017, 08:37 PM   #18
Fishndude
Pope & Young
 
Fishndude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Arlington, Texas
Hunt In: Mason, Ellis and Dimmit counties
Default

Whatever you do, stick with Easton.

Look into the Injections with the Fire Nock outsert.(keeps you from having to shoot Deep Six) You'll get the weight you're looking for
Fishndude is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-29-2017, 08:38 PM   #19
DapperDan
Pope & Young
 
DapperDan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Tomball Tx
Hunt In: Texas
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishndude View Post
Whatever you do, stick with Easton.

Look into the Injections with the Fire Nock outsert.(keeps you from having to shoot Deep Six) You'll get the weight you're looking for


So what's wrong with the deep six?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
DapperDan is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-29-2017, 08:47 PM   #20
muddyfuzzy
Pope & Young
 
muddyfuzzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: gulf coast
Hunt In: Parts Unknown
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DapperDan View Post
So school me on foc with the axis. I pull 70 lbs, 27 1/2 draw, Mathews no cam htx. I have blazers, nocturnals, standard insert, 100 grain tip, 5mm shaft diameter and 340 spine. Getting 280 fps. Shooting standard 1 inch slick tricks.



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
are you shooting a 5 or 6mm shaft?
muddyfuzzy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-29-2017, 09:12 PM   #21
muddyfuzzy
Pope & Young
 
muddyfuzzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: gulf coast
Hunt In: Parts Unknown
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DapperDan View Post
So school me on foc with the axis. I pull 70 lbs, 27 1/2 draw, Mathews no cam htx. I have blazers, nocturnals, standard insert, 100 grain tip, 5mm shaft diameter and 340 spine. Getting 280 fps. Shooting standard 1 inch slick tricks.



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If you are shooting the old school Axis N-fused you are between 9-11% depending upon a few variables such as shaft length. You shoot a normal set-up and that is pretty average FOC on a hunting arrow. You give up a little more with the lighted nock and it's weight but this a good set-up for you. If you like the Axis and want a more aggressive set-up then think about dropping down a spine and adding some weight via the broadhead and/or insert combination (switching to brass). Finish the tuning with the shaft length and you will be good to go.

Like I said before, the FMJ is great for adding a ton of mass weight but the FOC will always suffer. However, with some work you could have a lighter arrow that is much more aggressive in the FOC department and could have the potential of penetrating like a heavier build..........with better recovery..........more forgiveness...........and a flatter trajectory.

Personally I don't have time to check jacketed arrows for bends and what not and I'm **** enough that if I did shoot them would feel compelled to do so. Carbon on the other hand, I can flex test it, chunk it, throw it back in the quiver and get on down the road.
muddyfuzzy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-29-2017, 09:25 PM   #22
ar3731guy
Ten Point
 
ar3731guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Katy
Hunt In: South Texas and Hill Country
Default

An axis arrow with 75 go brass insert will weigh less than a FMJ arrow of the same length with an aluminum insert. And your FOC will go up with the axis. I made the switch from FMJ to axis for this very same reason.
ar3731guy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-29-2017, 09:26 PM   #23
DapperDan
Pope & Young
 
DapperDan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Tomball Tx
Hunt In: Texas
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ar3731guy View Post
An axis arrow with 75 go brass insert will weigh less than a FMJ arrow of the same length with an aluminum insert. And your FOC will go up with the axis. I made the switch from FMJ to axis for this very same reason.


How you like em?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
DapperDan is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-29-2017, 09:28 PM   #24
DapperDan
Pope & Young
 
DapperDan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Tomball Tx
Hunt In: Texas
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by muddyfuzzy View Post
If you are shooting the old school Axis N-fused you are between 9-11% depending upon a few variables such as shaft length. You shoot a normal set-up and that is pretty average FOC on a hunting arrow. You give up a little more with the lighted nock and it's weight but this a good set-up for you. If you like the Axis and want a more aggressive set-up then think about dropping down a spine and adding some weight via the broadhead and/or insert combination (switching to brass). Finish the tuning with the shaft length and you will be good to go.



Like I said before, the FMJ is great for adding a ton of mass weight but the FOC will always suffer. However, with some work you could have a lighter arrow that is much more aggressive in the FOC department and could have the potential of penetrating like a heavier build..........with better recovery..........more forgiveness...........and a flatter trajectory.



Personally I don't have time to check jacketed arrows for bends and what not and I'm **** enough that if I did shoot them would feel compelled to do so. Carbon on the other hand, I can flex test it, chunk it, throw it back in the quiver and get on down the road.


Sounds like what I'd really like to do. However I'm new to custom arrows so to speak so I'd hate to be going in the wrong direction. I'd need to pick some brains of someone that's done it. I understand most of how to but an example would be finishing tuning with shaft length. Ya lost me. Lol


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
DapperDan is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-29-2017, 10:03 PM   #25
muddyfuzzy
Pope & Young
 
muddyfuzzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: gulf coast
Hunt In: Parts Unknown
Default

As with any shaft of any spine a reduction in length decreases the dynamic spine just as lengthening the same shaft increases the dynamic reaction. The generic terms are stiffening and weakening the spine. With a ton of work and working against physic and basic Archery reason you can get almost any arrow to tune in any bow. With that being said we are all different and likewise our equipment so setting up what's best for you so be the goal.

Pick a target set of specs. FPS, FOC or EFOC, mass weight, momentum......what ever. This will get you in the right spine with the right build and broadhead. After that you can experiment with shaft length to find the optimal length/dynamic spine for that particular set up. It's a good way to learn, it will challenge your knowledge and make you a better archer for it. There are lots of very knowledgeable folks on this site that will be more than happy in assisting you in this process.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
muddyfuzzy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-29-2017, 10:18 PM   #26
DapperDan
Pope & Young
 
DapperDan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Tomball Tx
Hunt In: Texas
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by muddyfuzzy View Post
As with any shaft of any spine a reduction in length decreases the dynamic spine just as lengthening the same shaft increases the dynamic reaction. The generic terms are stiffening and weakening the spine. With a ton of work and working against physic and basic Archery reason you can get almost any arrow to tune in any bow. With that being said we are all different and likewise our equipment so setting up what's best for you so be the goal.

Pick a target set of specs. FPS, FOC or EFOC, mass weight, momentum......what ever. This will get you in the right spine with the right build and broadhead. After that you can experiment with shaft length to find the optimal length/dynamic spine for that particular set up. It's a good way to learn, it will challenge your knowledge and make you a better archer for it. There are lots of very knowledgeable folks on this site that will be more than happy in assisting you in this process.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Sounds like a great plan. Wouldn't know where to start...


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
DapperDan is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-30-2017, 06:41 AM   #27
ar3731guy
Ten Point
 
ar3731guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Katy
Hunt In: South Texas and Hill Country
Default

[QUOTE=DapperDan;12541956]How you like em?
I think they are more duarable than the FMJs.
ar3731guy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-30-2017, 07:07 AM   #28
Fishndude
Pope & Young
 
Fishndude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Arlington, Texas
Hunt In: Mason, Ellis and Dimmit counties
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DapperDan View Post
So what's wrong with the deep six?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nothing is wrong with Deep Six except you'll need to stick up on Deep Six broadheads and field points. Just trying to save you the extra expense.

Last edited by Fishndude; 06-30-2017 at 07:39 AM.
Fishndude is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-30-2017, 10:31 AM   #29
Briar Friar
Ten Point
 
Briar Friar's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Texas
Hunt In: San Gabriel, Colorado and Rio Grande watersheds
Default

MuddyFuzzy and others have done a great job giving direction where to start on an arrow build and pros and cons of Axis vs FMJ.

DapperDan...a place to start is by breaking down your current setup into its components and doing the math yourself as to FOC, FPS (done), momentum, etc. and tinker. You might simply achieve what you desire by simply going from a 100gr to 125gr...but then your spine will change (weaken) and you might need to shorten your arrow shaft length...or not. I can shoot 100gr (307 fps) heads and 125gr (297 fps) heads on the Beman Hunter ICS 300 @ 31" to 40yds with only a 4" drop and maintaining a 4" group (not the best not the worst) however I dont try longer distances that you are trying to achieve.

Good luck

Last edited by Briar Friar; 06-30-2017 at 10:33 AM. Reason: FPSspake
Briar Friar is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-30-2017, 11:04 AM   #30
Stoof
Pope & Young
 
Stoof's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Wimberley
Hunt In: Will work for hunts.
Default

I like the FMJ's and have never had an issue with them bending that was not easily noticeable. I have had more of an issue with flaring the aluminium right above the insert. But this has always happened after a pass through then hitting rocks. I still have a bunch of axis and still shoot them occosianally. They are both great arrows.
Stoof is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-30-2017, 12:41 PM   #31
DapperDan
Pope & Young
 
DapperDan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Tomball Tx
Hunt In: Texas
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Briar Friar View Post
MuddyFuzzy and others have done a great job giving direction where to start on an arrow build and pros and cons of Axis vs FMJ.

DapperDan...a place to start is by breaking down your current setup into its components and doing the math yourself as to FOC, FPS (done), momentum, etc. and tinker. You might simply achieve what you desire by simply going from a 100gr to 125gr...but then your spine will change (weaken) and you might need to shorten your arrow shaft length...or not. I can shoot 100gr (307 fps) heads and 125gr (297 fps) heads on the Beman Hunter ICS 300 @ 31" to 40yds with only a 4" drop and maintaining a 4" group (not the best not the worst) however I dont try longer distances that you are trying to achieve.

Good luck


So I get confused on spine and knowing if it's too stiff or too weak as well how to check for that? Not to mention I have no idea how to do that math. I'm not a newby on archery. I can shoot. Have always been able to. But I've gotten **** about things as I've gotten older. An example would be buying new arrows and seeing some fletching has more glue than others. Or one fletching isn't quite perfectly set on a perfect helical compared to others. Be it a 16th or 32nd of an inch. It still drives me batty....


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
DapperDan is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-30-2017, 01:04 PM   #32
gonehuntin68
Pope & Young
 
gonehuntin68's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Victoria, TX
Hunt In: Victoria county
Default

I don't like how easy the FMJ's bend. I went through more FMJ's shooting pigs because they bend then any carbon arrow I've shot pigs with. For the last several years I've been buying cheap carbon arrows from Sportmans guide for $45.00 a dozen but I do have to cut them and put the insert in. To me cutting and putting the insert in is a advantage because it give me the chance to square the ends. I've bought arrows online and from archery shops that didn't square the end before putting the insert in and that can cause flight problems with fixed heads. I also normally can get them for around $35.00 a dozen with the coupon codes they offer. No they are not as straight as the more expensive arrows but in all honesty I can't tell the difference in my shooting and doubt many on here could. I do end up culling a arrow or two out of each dozen that I just can't get to spin right so my fixed blade broadheads don't fly good with those but I use those to shoot targets with field tips or will put a small game head on them and shoot coons and such with them. Some years I go through more then 100 arrows a year so spending $35-40 a dozen saves me a lot of money over the $100+ a dozen arrows and they kill pigs and deer just as good.
gonehuntin68 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-30-2017, 01:57 PM   #33
MONSTERKEN
Ten Point
 
MONSTERKEN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: McKinney
Hunt In: Apparently where the deer ARE NOT
Default

Great thread! I too shot Easton FMJ's, then went to the Deep Six Easton Injexion FMJ's. Unfortunately I was not happy with there performances. Great penetration though. Problem was I could see them fishtailing in flight, hitting where I was aiming, but it didn't seem right. Was shooting 100gr fp's and bh's. I even had them cut real short to stiffen their spine. I am shooting 70lbs with a 29.5 dl. Then I talked to Muddyfuzzy. Do yourself a favor and get you some Muddyfuzzy built Black Eagle arrows. The best arrows I've shot. I've ordered 2 dozen, and about to order another 2 dozen for my wife and daughter's. I've learned a lot from Muddyfuzzy where I am starting to build and play around with different combos. He knows his stuff.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
MONSTERKEN is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-01-2017, 02:15 AM   #34
Loneaggie
Pope & Young
 
Loneaggie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Arlington
Hunt In: Haskell County
Default

Axis. Not really a good reason for FMJ. Need a heavier arrow? More spine, brass insert, and heavier head. Hard to get decent FOC out of a FMJ. Axis are also incredibly durable.
Loneaggie is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-01-2017, 06:36 AM   #35
Lawhorn
Ten Point
 
Lawhorn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: S.Texas
Hunt In: S.Texas
Default

I've shot both arrows and made the switch to Gold Tip Kinetic Pierces. Durable and are micro diameter. FOC is easy to obtain as well.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Lawhorn is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-01-2017, 09:26 AM   #36
Outlaw_6
Pope & Young
 
Outlaw_6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: DFW Area
Hunt In: LA and "The H"
Default Easton axis vs Easton full metal jacket

Quote:
Originally Posted by DapperDan View Post
Sounds like a great plan. Wouldn't know where to start...


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Maybe get a software program like Ontarget's Software for Archers and play around to get the specs you want. I believe they still offer a free trial version. It's not 100% accurate but it will give you a place to start before real world testing.

Here's what I'm running:
Chill X: 60lb / 27.5
26.5" Axis .340 w75gr insert and broadhead adapter.
125g Slick Trick Mags
Nockturnals
Flex Fletch FP-360's
Total arrow weight: 505 w205 up front
17% FOC
257 fps

No complaints.
Outlaw_6 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-01-2017, 10:47 AM   #37
DapperDan
Pope & Young
 
DapperDan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Tomball Tx
Hunt In: Texas
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outlaw_6 View Post
Maybe get a software program like Ontarget's Software for Archers and play around to get the specs you want. I believe they still offer a free trial version. It's not 100% accurate but it will give you a place to start before real world testing.

Here's what I'm running:
Chill X: 60lb / 27.5
26.5" Axis .340 w75gr insert and broadhead adapter.
125g Slick Trick Mags
Nockturnals
Flex Fletch FP-360's
Total arrow weight: 505 w205 up front
17% FOC
257 fps

No complaints.


Pretty close to what I have setup on my bow as far as specs. I'm not real crazy that my arrow sticks out 3.5 inches past my rest when at full draw... it literally is past my riser and under my sight.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
DapperDan is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:39 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Copyright 1999-2012, TexasBowhunter.com