Sid Miller approves kaput hog poison.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't know much about it. Just said it will do minimal damage to other species.
    Anyone have some facts on the stuff?

wondering about that myself

Comment

That's a DA idea. Say a hog eats the poison in the am and I kill it in the pm to butcher for my family. So I'm unknowingly poisoning myself and family!!

Comment

Originally posted by freestylest22 View Post
        That's a DA idea. Say a hog eats the poison in the am and I kill it in the pm to butcher for my family. So I'm unknowingly poisoning myself and family!!

Would you hunt where you poisoned or are you referring to the possibility of neighbors using poison?

I think if you and your neighbors are on the same page it shouldn't be a problem

Comment

It won't last long. To many variable issue will arise.

Comment

Apparently it's true. It can only be purchase/applied by licensed applicators, though. It looks like secondary poisoning won't be an issue, since very large doses are need to affect non-target species.

Texas Agriculture Commissioner Sid Miller will be announcing approval of a major new weapon in the ongoing war against feral hogs in Texas.
            Last edited by Ruark; 02-18-2017, 10:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by AddisonOil View Post
              It won't last long. To many variable issue will arise.
              They have been working on this stuff (hog poison) for several years.
              Hopefully they have the kinks worked out.
              I wonder what the cost is.

Comment

I'm in for 50 lbs

Comment

Originally posted by freestylest22 View Post
                  research how much of the blood thinner actually gets into the meat.

Comment

This is one of those things that vary throughout the state. Every parcel is different. I g r the the d*** hogs destroy everything. But, poison doesn't say " This is a hog, killit." It can kill all sorts of farm animals

Comment

Originally posted by Bigyummy77 View Post
                      This is one of those things that vary throughout the state. Every parcel is different. I g r the the d*** hogs destroy everything. But, poison doesn't say " This is a hog, killit." It can kill all sorts of farm animals

It can but, not as effectively and the applicator will need to use special delivery feeders.
                      Hogs would have to use their nose to lift a 10lb door to get to bait.

Read about the latest hunting and fishing news in South Louisiana from The Advocate. Get outdoors!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Warfarin is also used in rat poison & blood thinners for humans (Coumadin). It works great in mice/rats because their lungs fill w/blood, they feel suffocated so they get out of your house & don't die in the walls or attic (usually).

Comment

Originally posted by Sparkles View Post
                          It can but, not as effectively and the applicator will need to use special delivery feeders.
                          Hogs would have to use their nose to lift a 10lb door to get to bait.

Read about the latest hunting and fishing news in South Louisiana from The Advocate. Get outdoors!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          Oh.

Comment

Much more credible than the picture of a purported 226-pound catfish Sid also posted on his Facebook page, with claims that it was caught in the Brazos River.

Comment

After reading the nola article, I think I'll stick with tried, true, selective and effective LEAD poisoning.

Comment

Working...
                              X