Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Duck Perlot by Curtintex (Great with DOVE as well)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Duck Perlot by Curtintex (Great with DOVE as well)

I was looking for a new way to cook dove last year besides the standard bacon/jalepeno wrap & grill and came across this Perlot recipe by Curt in a Teal thread. I thought it might work with dove and sure enough it was great. So, here you go on Dove Eve.

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
    Perlot
    Serves 8-10

3 plucked big ducks (or 6 teal)(or 20 dove breasts)
    1# link sausage
    1# bacon
    1 whole white onion
    8 mushrooms
    1 can creme of mushroom soup
    5 1/4 cup rice

-Chop raw bacon up very small
    -Chop onion
    -Chop mushrooms
    -Cook Onion, mushrooms and bacon until bacon is well done and remove and set aside.
    -quarter and slice links and cook in bacon grease until done. Remove and add to bacon.
    -Add whole ducks to bacon grease and cover with water and can of soup. Cook on med heat until done.
    -Remove ducks, remove skin and debone...chopping and shredding to very small pieces and add to bacon/onion/sausage pile.
    -Drain duck stock through cheesecloth and add trimmings to bacon/onion/sausage/duck pile
    -Cook rice in correct amount of duck stock until done.
    -Stir duck/bacon/sausage/onion/trimmings into rice and season with salt, pepper and Ragin' Blaze.

Do not get any on your forehead....your tongue will beat your brains out trying to get to it.

**you will have plenty of duck stock left over, so freeze it and use it later to make rice in...it is delicious.
    Hunting Videos & Flickr Pix

Tagged

Comment

Going to try this this year!

Comment

sounds good, is the soup in the duck stock and we strain it?

Comment

Glad this one was brought back up. Adding it to the list.

Comment

May try the killer fajita recipe with doves or duck also, it’s friken great ! This sounds good but I have a hard time making them any other way then the fajitas now. Doves are hard to come by up here most years, but if I get enough to try this I will.
            Last edited by critter69; 05-27-2019, 01:51 PM.

Comment

I made it this past weekend. Turned out really good, pretty much just jambalaya.

Comment

Going to be giving this a shot.

Comment

Mmmm

Comment

Working...
                  X