No announcement yet.

Official Lake Whintney and Aquilla 2016-2017 hunting thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do any of yall eat fruit while in the stand? And if so do yall worry about the scent?

Comment

Originally posted by rednecktbrizz7 View Post
      Yep lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      It was great meeting you this morning , too bad we couldn't find kennyb deer.

Comment

Great meeting everyone out there new and old now I have to find a new spot for next weekend. If y'all need some help let me know I'll do my best.

Comment

Hey monkey, deer love fruit I don't think it hurts. My problem is the end of the month, I'll be eating Recces, M&M's, snickers and all the other stuff your not supposed to.

Comment

Originally posted by Storm View Post
            It was great meeting you this morning , too bad we couldn't find kennyb deer.

Same to you sir and Kenny will get one soon I'm sure of it

Comment

Originally posted by rednecktbrizz7 View Post
              Same to you sir and Kenny will get one soon I'm sure of it

We'll meet again this season I bet!

Comment

My hips, knees, and ankles h urt from these long walks at my area!

Comment

I've got dove hunters in my unit... Kinda close too..... YAY MEEEEEE

Comment

Yea I had some dove hunters walk up on me not wearing any blaze orange. Not real smart if you ask me. You would think that dove hunters would be considering that guys are deer hunting this weekend and maybe walking through an area might mess the deer hunters up. But I guess that is to logical.

Comment

Originally posted by TrunkMonkey View Post
                      Do any of yall eat fruit while in the stand? And if so do yall worry about the scent?
                      I wouldn't hesitate to eat fruit. I've shot a deer while holding a candy bar with my teeth.

Comment

Thanx Massey

Comment

Originally posted by Massey View Post
                          I wouldn't hesitate to eat fruit. I've shot a deer while holding a candy bar with my teeth.
                          That would get my kisser button messy.

Yall should see a deer try to eat watermelon rind. Instead of shaking it's head side to side with rind in mouth, it goes up and down with the rind hitting top of head . Same with flour or corn tortillas.
                          They like corn chips too. But not the hot salsa.
                          Mustad grapes, or wild grapes, on the lake are a favorite for the deer there, if you can find them. Most are gone by mid to late Oct. I've caught them eating them many of times over many other plants and stuff out there.

I got to talk with a TP&W biologist at Inks lake State park one time while doing a tri-race there the next day. She told me she studies the stomach content of every deer that dies, or is killed in the park on hunts. They have a diet of over 300 things they consume. And some have certain favorites they like more than other deer do. I was feeding the deer on my picnic table that late spring evening as I sat on the opposite end of the table. While venison steaks were on the grill 8 feet away . That was in 1998.

Comment

Originally posted by TrunkMonkey View Post
                            I eat fruit all the time if I'm on an all day sit usually an apple since they're easy to manage then I throw the core down into my corn pile

Comment

Decent weekend, didnt see deer but did see turkey coyote and snakes! Will be back next weekend to see what happens. Did meet Bowhunter247 in person.
                              Last edited by BowDude5000; 10-02-2016, 08:03 PM.

Comment

Shoulda shot the turkey … and the song dog. Always shoot the song dog
                                Last edited by Ender; 10-02-2016, 08:13 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X